Taylor

Weekend estimates pg 30 Brave 66.7

How is it trying to steal Katniss' thunder? I don't get it... Because of a bow? Its like saying Hotel Transylvania, an animated film, is trying to steal TDKR thunder because of bats since it comes out a few months after it like your comparison. The movies aren't in the same ball park. It isn't even the same sport.

This THG/Brave (or Katnips/Merida) battle is all in your head, let it go. Oh, plus Brave is a way better movie than THG :P

It`s so better than THG that it got lower critical score and lower CS score (THG A+, Brave A). And Shawn didn`t care for it either:

Even though I thought the movie itself was incredibly underwhelming. Probably their most forgettable movie outside Cars 2, IMO.

Edited by fishnets

How is it trying to steal Katniss' thunder? I don't get it... Because of a bow?

Because they are trying to position Merida as the ultimate role model for girls because of a bow when they know very well that it`s Katniss. Unbelievable arrogance on Pixar part. I really hope this doesn`t make $300 mio. Edited by fishnets

Because they are trying to position Merida as the ultimate role model for girls because of a bow when they know very well that it`s Katniss. Unbelievable arrogance on Pixar part. I really hope this doesn`t make $300 mio.

You're delusional about that.

Because they are trying to position Merida as the ultimate role model for girls because of a bow when they know very well that it`s Katniss. Unbelievable arrogance on Pixar part. I really hope this doesn`t make $300 mio.

Because Pixar started making this film after they read THG right? You make no sense.

You are nuts if you try and turn this into THG vs Brave. Why not enjoy that two female centred movies are kicking ass in incredibly different formats. Especially when THG has crossed $400mil and it's achivements will not be forgotten for years.

Edited by Bumblebee

Excellent start for Brave. I learned my lesson not to go against Pixar again anytime soon.Even though I thought the movie itself was incredibly underwhelming. Probably their most forgettable movie outside Cars 2, IMO.

Can you give me an extrapolation for rOA from a 2.6 Friday.

Hmm, my rough guess would be right around $8m weekend.

Fri: 2.6m

Sat: 3m +15%

Sun: 2.3m -22%

7.9m

So about a 45% drop. Not great, but not terrible.

You're the one with that delusion.

Brave loonies will disappear quickly like that Tangled loonie from BOM disappeared as soon as everyone stopped talking about Tangled. Which was fast. So, yeah, have your moment while you can. Kantiss FTW! Go Catching Fire, go! Edited by fishnets