Noctis

The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

108 members have voted

1. 1. The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

It must be said, Whedon did an excellent job bringing all of those characters together and making it work the way he did. This was his first really big budget film and he delivered beyond expectations. I wonder how it would have turned out in someone elses hands...

I prefer The Avengers. I had such a great time with that film and went to see it twice at the cinema. I definitely want to see it again, maybe buy the DVD.The Dark Knight was a good film, but it left me cold. I felt no emotional engagement with it, just like all of Nolan's films. I saw it once and have no burning desire to see it again.

• Like 1

I prefer The Avengers. I had such a great time with that film and went to see it twice at the cinema. I definitely want to see it again, maybe buy the DVD.

The Dark Knight was a good film, but it left me cold. I felt no emotional engagement with it, just like all of Nolan's films. I saw it once and have no burning desire to see it again.

This how I felt about Avengers, I just do not like the style of film making. Everybody has different taste and I am glad you really like Ariadne.

I could have told you the results of this poll before you made it.

So could've Noctis to himself, But he wants to validate his opinions by putting down Avengers however he can so he can thump his chest and growl like the man-apes from 2001 in front of the monolith.
  • Like 1

Well frankly the whole point is TA is seen as good fun and more seen like the old school blockbusters...Those old blockbusters were great because they mixed in fun and action really well like TA...TDK is a very well made film and has a much better story...Nonetheless there is no doubt TA is the most well liked movie in over 2 years by audiences or since Inception or even since Avatar or TDK itself.

How is The Avengers better than Iron Man or Spider-Man 2?

IM1 is a brisk, well told origin story that functions as a great RDJ vehicle. SM2 is a logical expansion of the world SM1 created as offers thrills, emotion and romance as well as most blockbusters should. Both are solid B-plus films.

The Avengers shouldn't work as a movie. There's ten main characters and their screen time always has to be justified. That's death if you want to create any cohesion or narrative propulsion (and it's still something the film struggles with). But Whedon, god bless him, creates stakes for everyone. Whedon spends time with each character to build these relationships, one by one, so that by the time we get to the circle pan of the Avengers coming together, we honestly care about them. He understands these characters in ways that the other Marvel movies didn't. Loki works for the movie because he's a psychological villain, and that by the third act he has psychologically balanced off every one of the Avengers. The action is fully functional (even if the cinematography isn't great), which can't be said for most action movies. Also, it's a hysterical movie... it knows that an Avengers movie valuing fun is a good thing.

Is it flawless? Hell no. But it uses its flaws to build towards its successes. And to me, that's what a great movie should do.

• Like 1

The avengers is a better comic book movie, TDK is a better film.

I can agree with this. I rate them similarly overall (8/10), but I would give an edge to TDK because its ending is extremely memorable and poignant, while Avengers' ending attempts to be both of those things and doesn't succeed IMHO.