Noctis

The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

108 members have voted

1. 1. The Dark Knight VS The Avengers

TDK: 8/10TA: 8/10orTDK: B+TA: BBut comparing them is apples and oranges shit. As different as they come when it comes to comic book movies. Lets cut the DC over Marvel/Marvel over DC crap for a second and just admit that they're both great movies.

• Like 2

I completely agree with Don Niam about the Marvel/DC rivalry. Either you're a Marvel person or a DC person (or you like BOTH - but you know you like one a little better than the other and can't bring yourself to admit it). I disagree with his ratings though.TA - A-TDK - B+TDK's main hold up for me is the implausibility of the ferry boat scene. Just a little TOO idealistic behavior from people about to be killed. ANY parent would kill a boat load of criminals to save their child. It's just too basic a primal instinct to defy simply to make a statement in a CBM.

I completely agree with Don Niam about the Marvel/DC rivalry. Either you're a Marvel person or a DC person (or you like BOTH - but you know you like one a little better than the other and can't bring yourself to admit it). I disagree with his ratings though.

TA - A-

TDK - B+

TDK's main hold up for me is the implausibility of the ferry boat scene. Just a little TOO idealistic behavior from people about to be killed. ANY parent would kill a boat load of criminals to save their child. It's just too basic a primal instinct to defy simply to make a statement in a CBM.

Haha.

http://www.worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64296&start=2200

Scroll down for my thoughts on the matter. :D

• Like 1

Yeah, TDK really should have ended a half hour before it did. If they'd just hinted at Harvey's transformation to Two-Face and saved that part of the story for the sequel it would have been close to perfect.

The first 1hr 55m of TDK is amazing, near flawless but I am happy two face won't b in TDKR despite his character arc being rushed in TDK and kind of over-stuffing the film. Just watched BB and TDK back to back yesterday, damn those are some great films!! I mean wow.

The ending of TDK was flawless and ties everything in the film perfectly. The final 5 minutes is on par with any 5 minutes of any film from the classic era: Stewart's "Did you think you were God" speech at the end of Rope, the lobotomized ending from Brazil, Chaplin's "I didn't want to be an emperor" speech from The Great Dictator and countless others. It truly is this century's "Here's lookin' at you kid".Trying to cut the film off after the Joker escape would be just as detrimental as taking out the last half hour in Silence of the Lambs after Lector removed the flesh mask.

I loved TDK. I think it is clearly a great movie. However, I definitely felt TA was the better movie.TA had better comedy to me. TA had more action as well. I liked the tone of TA better. I found it to be a more entertaining movie. And I think it is a more rewatchable movie. I saw TDK in the movie theater twice and really haven't seen it since. I saw TA in the movie theater 3 times, and I want to see it again. Therefore, TA is the winner to me.Both are great movies though.

• Like 1

It's Transformers 3 with better humor, dialogue, characterization, pacing, acting, directing and action.In other words it's nothing like Transformers 3.

I think the Transformers comparison comes from this. Transformers has a lot of characters, huge battles, and humor.Avengers does it better but there are similar.

Your post is Generic, forgettable, overrated, simple minded, unamusing and trivial all in 1 breath.. If it weren't for Heath Ledger and his unfortunate demise, TDK would've made 1/2 of what it did and wouldn't have been touted as much as what all you do in overhyping the hell out of this.. In the end, Nolan fans will never be able to come to terms with the fact that The AVENGERS not only beat all 3 Nolan BATMAN movies, but did so Domestically making TDKR look like the red headed stepchild that it was...

I believe this thread is about how good they are, not how much money they made. I could be wrong though. :)

The Dark Knight raised the bar so high that filmakers and actors are always taking inspiration from it. Avengers is a different type of movie. In fact sometimes i think its unfair to compare these two movies together because they do completely opposite things for the genre. Avengers is remembered for the boxoffice and because it appealed to all audiences. It was a dream for audiences to see an ensemble superhero movie. The Dark Knight was about the classy filmaking, the intriguing story, acting, technical department etc.Also it should be noted though they are different in tone etc, they both worked brilliantly.

The part I highlighted reeks of hyperbole.. At the end of the day, this Poll is skewered for the simple fact that movie sites like this along with KJ are very Pro-Nolan and will always be Pro-Nolan and rarely if at all, will you see a Nolan movie lose to another movie in Polls like this even if it is deserving..

Rotten Tomatoes:

The Dark Knight - 94 %

The Avengers - 92 %

So its not just the fans. ;)

• Like 2

The part I highlighted reeks of hyperbole.. At the end of the day, this Poll is skewered for the simple fact that movie sites like this along with KJ are very Pro-Nolan and will always be Pro-Nolan and rarely if at all, will you see a Nolan movie lose to another movie in Polls like this even if it is deserving..

BKB i could name you many actors/filmakers that have clearly stated they took inspiration from the dark knight. Most recent being skyfall. The whole of hollywood must be pro-nolan then...for good reason:) In the last few years Christopher Nolan has really shown his skill to the world and its being appreciated.