Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Where are you guys getting this idea that midnights were discounted? :huh:Discount Tuesdays generally only apply for actual Tuesday shows. Midnight shows are rarely, if ever, discounted.

Some posters here said it last night or this morning whatever. I also read posts on another board at one theater where the tickets weren't selling so they started selling them for the discount Tuesday price.

It is not excuses.If anything it had more advantages than SM3.1. It is summer so school is out unlike SM32. Midnight's are more popular now3. 3D ticket price premium4. More IMAX screens5. More screens period

SM3 came of two well received one movies one which broke the OW record. 1st wknd of May has proven to be a success.

The OD thread is gonna be fucking hilarious.So what we have got from TASM is it hits between what loonies and haters want. So $25-$28M OD??

26.9M-29.9M

I think it's a very solid number and likely signals a run similar to the first Transformers. However, Sony's spin on this is laughable. They lied about one of their own movies. SM3 made $10m in 2007 without 3D prices and with roughly 220 fewer IMAX screens than TASM.

Even disregarding my personal feelings for the film and being as objective as possible, I just can't see this having WOM like Transformers. And I disliked TF even more than Spidey.

The OD thread is gonna be fucking hilarious.

So what we have got from TASM is it hits between what loonies and haters want. So $25-$28M OD??

Agreed.

It seems we didn't even need a crazy number for an entertaining thread.

yup.... the number of people that joined MM over TASM OD was indeed disturbing and clearly shows that many weren't expecting 7M+ midnights.And now that it has done it, the number is 'meh'? lol.

As someone in the MM over TASM OD club, I was predicting midnights of up to 5m for TASM. So it did better than I thought but not by a ton, making it a "meh" number. 10m+ would have been far more impressive.For such a well known franchinse with (obvioulsy) a lot of fanboys, a number like 7.5m can't be spun any other way. The fans turned out, great. I think calls for a 35m+ OD are misguided though. It will definitely do more than MM's 20m. We'll see what the actual number turns out to be.

As a disturbing amount of people have been ranting relentlessly this past few months

- TASM was unnecessary.

- Trailers looked like shit.

- Main villain looked like shit.

- There was no anticipation.

- There were no sellouts.

- Nobody knew it was opening on a Tuesday.

7.5M is clearly a win.

Didn't all the posters say July 3, it wasn't a last minute change.

Then there'd be no war. The losing side would keep quiet until the next set of numbers came in...

I think we know how this is going to play out. TASM is a boring movie in every way. It has no buzz and there is no excitement about it. The reviews are lukewarm (the positive aren't really positive and the negative aren't really negative). Therefore, this movie will take the most boring route possible. It will not fail spectacularly and it will not break out.This movie will probably end up coming in under my $300M prediction and make $250M. Why $250M? Because that would be the most boring number because then neither side can claim victory. There will be no epic meltdowns. Both sides will end up claiming victory anyway. It'll just be boring.
  • Like 2

The OD thread is gonna be fucking hilarious.So what we have got from TASM is it hits between what loonies and haters want. So $25-$28M OD??

That's exactly the range I'm thinking as well based on the midnight, and then maybe 30m tomorrow.