Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

• Founder / Operator

As a disturbing amount of people have been ranting relentlessly this past few months

- TASM was unnecessary.

- Trailers looked like shit.

- Main villain looked like shit.

- There was no anticipation.

- There were no sellouts.

- Nobody knew it was opening on a Tuesday.

7.5M is clearly a win.

Every reason in bold is nullified by the fact that the fan base doesn't care about any of that. They see it anyway, and they're the ones that turn out for midnights.

$7.5m is neither a win nor a fail. Its just a decent number that will have little bearing on where the film goes afterward.

• Like 1

As a disturbing amount of people have been ranting relentlessly this past few months- TASM was unnecessary.- Trailers looked like shit.- Main villain looked like shit.- There was no anticipation.- There were no sellouts.- Nobody knew it was opening on a Tuesday.7.5M is clearly a win.

Exactly. IT's hilarious how so many people are changing their tune. ASM is an unnecessary film that will likely suck and has no interest and will likely be DOA. That is what people were saying just a week ago. Now people are saying "Ohh, ASM is such a hugely anticipated film so it should have done way better". Sheesh

Link to these tweets claiming to have discounted prices?

Midnights have premium prices in some areas and I've never heard of discount Tuesdays applying to midnight. I wouldn't put any stock in spinning the number based on either scenario until there's actual confirmation. More than likely, any supposed discounts are nullified by the places that actually charge more for midnight. But I doubt there are many of either.

I won't be looking for them now, I'm on my iPad and I don't know how to search all my posts, I've posted a link for one of those on the TASM Discussion Thread.

• Founder / Operator

Transformers 3 sneaks did not play in 3000+ theaters. ;)

2,700 though.Albeit, not two days before a holiday. Interpret that as you will. General audience didn't care to show up at midnight for *either* film.

Neo - 33/36/24/29/34/30/93(Fri-Sun)/15/156(5-day)/186(6-day)/201(7-day)/348/660/1008 OS OW: 145M WW OW: 327M

This prediction is looking sexy, IMO.

But no 400 ;) .................

Revisionist history going on here.Most people already had it pegged at $7m for midnight's go check both TASM threads. Only 2-3 users went far below or far higher. It's a decent number but declaring it a huge success really needed a number in the double digits realm. Lets wait for full Tuesday OD numbers (plus wasn't this having 9pm screenings at some theaters?)

• Like 1

*sigh* Goddammit iJack, this is not making 400M..

I don't think it is making 300m either. This is roughtly doubt what Prometheus did at midnights, and only 5m more than Magic Mike. It's not a great number. Edited by doublejack

2,700 though.Albeit, not two days before a holiday. Interpret that as you will. General audience didn't care to show up at midnight for *either* film.

Very true.