Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Yeah, Baumer isn't the only one in that club unless all the rats have jumped off the ship.

According to my list, it is. Those predictions are all from Sunday and Monday.

I wouldn't call it "meh," it's a solid number. It just isn't "amazing" or "stellar" like Sony is spinning at the moment. Bizarre to me that they lied about their own movie (SM3) in order to make this look better than it is.

I think the number is low enough to take 300m out of play, so in that sense yes it is "meh". I also don't see 30m+ for OD now. TASM will be hard pressed to touch the Tuesday record held by TF3.

It is not excuses.If anything it had more advantages than SM3.1. It is summer so school is out unlike SM32. Midnight's are more popular now3. 3D ticket price premium4. More IMAX screens5. More screens period

I'll repeat again. Who here was expecting this to reach the same attendance as Spider-Man 3 besides one user? So now if ASM does gross 300M domestic (not saying it will but if it does) will people be screaming how it doesn't match the attendance of the other movies? This movie is far from the most "Rush out and see it right away" movie ever made.

I wouldn't call it "meh," it's a solid number. It just isn't "amazing" or "stellar" like Sony is spinning at the moment. Bizarre to me that they lied about their own movie (SM3) in order to make this look better than it is.

Not bizarre to me. SM3 is over with and TASM is now. They need to make their production budget back. So if you have a movie that you feel is lacking buzz, you try to create buzz with positive spin. That's exactly what Sony is doing.
  • Like 1

It is not excuses.If anything it had more advantages than SM3.1. It is summer so school is out unlike SM32. Midnight's are more popular now3. 3D ticket price premium4. More IMAX screens5. More screens period

As a disturbing amount of people have been ranting relentlessly this past few months- TASM was unnecessary.- Trailers looked like shit.- Main villain looked like shit.- There was no anticipation.- There were no sellouts.- Nobody knew it was opening on a Tuesday.7.5M is clearly a win.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Does this number include the 9PM showings? If so, it's not that good.

Sony hasn't said, and probably won't. Which means they probably do. But I doubt its a huge portion anyway.

Yeah, Baumer isn't the only one in that club unless all the rats have jumped off the ship.

I'm not going to say you're wrong, but i don't know of any other member of his club. If you do, you're welcome to share or link me to their prediction (so we don't start a needless flame war because you mentioned someone's name).

Gitesh Pandya ‏@giteshpandya

Big $7.5M MON midnights for #AmazingSpiderMan incl $1.2M Imax. Yr ago this wk Transformers3 did $5.5M TUE 9pm sneaks.

Transformers 3 sneaks did not play in 3000+ theaters. ;)