Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

It regards to the drops compared to 2007, it's possible that year was just flat out anomalous. I know that's a bit of a cop out, but there's not a whole lot of rhyme or reason behind it now, lol.However, if you look at 2011 and 2006 (where the 4th fell on Monday and Tuesday, respectively), drops were far higher than normal the next day. So it's possible today may still conform to '07, but hopefully the BO will hold better.

Not nearly enough for my liking.

Yesterday was your day. Lots of craziness. Going forward, it looks like your worst nightmare will be realized. A boring number around $250M and no meltdowns.Although, the way things have been going, people might have meltdowns over whether $255M is a good number or a bad number. So there's still hope.

Yesterday was your day. Lots of craziness. Going forward, it looks like your worst nightmare will be realized. A boring number around $250M and no meltdowns.Although, the way things have been going, people might have meltdowns over whether $255M is a good number or a bad number. So there's still hope.

*crosses fingers*
  • Like 1

I again personally think it's doing fine. It still has the weekend to clean up and hopefully tomorrow's drop isn't that large. It already broke a box office record. It's still early. Just like with TF3 last year, it was very early when people started to melt down with the slightest lower number, the week went on and it stabilized. The OD was outstanding, 4th of july was OK. Once again, 4th film in the franchise, reboot after 5 years when the last one broke records too. 2012 is a unique economy right now, based on today's standards it's clearly off the best Box Office since "The Avengers" for the opening week.

I take that means those shoving "crow eating" pictures yesterday have to do the same today.

I remember they were even shoving crow around for the midnight number when it wasn't impressive at all. Guess they were kind of premature.
  • Like 1