Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

If it over performs to $37m, that's encouraging for the TDK $100m OD club.

but $100 OD without 3D is physically almost impossible. IT literally needs to sell out like 99% of all showings especially since we all know there won't be a Potter 43.5M sized midnight. Edited by riczhang

Sure, but on life support. Your 5.5mid/22OD has been a fail as well. Difference between you and me, I admit when i'm wrong.

life support does not equal dead. :rolleyes: 5.5 midnights is 73% accurate. I was also correct about falling RT score.

The two things aren't related.

Sure they are... along with TA's massive opening and THG's as well. It shows that movies with big fanbases who are excited about their movie are over-performing expectations. No reason to think that the same isn't true for TDKR. Edited by Telemachos

The two things aren't related.

Well, Shawn just told us that NRG tracking has it ahead of Spider-Man already, so it's not entirely unrelated.

but $100 OD without 3D is physically almost impossible. IT literally needs to sell out like 99% of all showings especially since we all know there won't be a Potter 43.5M sized midnight.

FUCK NOT THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

250M would be another Shrek 4, POTC 4, etc. It would only be BB adjusted and SR adjusted. hardly successful.

I agree, 250M would be a failure but 275M+ is a success since Sony wants to start up a new franchise with Garfield/Webb.

I agree, 250M would be a failure but 275M+ is a success since Sony wants to start up a new franchise with Garfield/Webb.

Sony may be happy with 285 because of OS but it is not anything to write home about with 3D and inflation. But I don't care about Sony. It needs to have a 3 in front of it.

I think TDKR's problem is going ot be its length. It is about half an hour longer than TA which translates to one less show per screen.

I agree, and this is a totally unrelated, but the long run time actually helps preserve the surprise ending, because by the time the east coast screenings finish the west coast ones are just about to start, so the story won't be spoiled for us poor folks on the west coast. :lol:EDIT: And I just realised, this is my 1000TH POST. :hi5: Edited by riczhang

And the trailers?

What difference does that make? Trailers for Avengers would be the same length as trailers for TDKR. Avengers is 143 minutes and TDKR is 164 minutes. The fact that people keep saying TDKR is 30 minutes longer is bullshit. I've seen it posted on these boards numerous times. People forget Avengers was pretty damn long in its own right.

I think TDKR's problem is going ot be its length. It is about half an hour longer than TA which translates to one less show per screen.

You can bet WB will grab as many screens as possible to offset that difference.