Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

How is TASM more of a family flick than TF? TF is HUGE with children

Spidey does well with < 18 demographics too. I was talking more about the gender breakdown. TF movies are typically 60%+ male and even with children, Transformers are more popular with boys.

I think TASM appealed more to the girls, they seem to like it.

I know but when you say a flick has family appeal that generally means parents bringing their kids to the movies. And Transformers has been a monster with kids. Not trying to take anything away from Spidey, kids like it too, just saying it doesn't lean more heavily on the family demos than TF

For what is worth RTX comment before about discount Tuesday(assume you mean in Canada) has been around since80's

Whatever. Tuesday discounts did not seem to affect box office grosses until recently (2010-2011).

Re discount Tuesday No they did actually , I did a post on it few weeks back

Dude, movies didn't drop 20% on average on Wednesday in 2007.Some holdovers may see increases on July 4th, but TASM will definitely drop to 20-25M depending on frontloading.

Dude, movies didn't drop 20% on average on Wednesday in 2007.Some holdovers may see increases on July 4th, but TASM will definitely drop to 20-25M depending on frontloading.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest it will drop that much at all. If anything it should stay above $30m or be slightly under.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest it will drop that much at all. If anything it should stay above $30m or be slightly under.

Who cares about his predictions? He was totally wrong for The Avengers, and no he is totally wrong for TASM.He didn't learn his lesson, it's really sad, some humility would help him, he needs it bcause he's preposterous now :/

I worry about the state of movies if we're relegated to getting the same thing over and over just with a new coat of paint, especially if people have too short a memory span or are just too easily entertained to care. So yeah I think that's "pathetic" in a way.

But that is what we get. WE do get the same ole romcom, the same ole horror film, the same ole superhero plot with a new coat of paint, new actors and new titles. If you truly think that year after year we are getting all these amazingly new, original, fresh concepts, you need your head examined. Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

You're modelling it after Transformers, which is too optimistic IMO. For starters TF wasn't part of the established franchise with huge fanbase, secondly TF burned off almost 9M in demand with its previews on Monday, finally Tuesday discounts didn't skew weekday grosses as they do now.TASM will drop from non-midnight Tuesday for sure.

You're modelling it after Transformers, which is too optimistic IMO. For starters TF wasn't part of the established franchise with huge fanbase, secondly TF burned off almost 9M in demand with its previews on Monday, finally Tuesday discounts didn't skew weekday grosses as they do now.TASM will drop from non-midnight Tuesday for sure.

Yes, but not by that much.