Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Dude, movies didn't drop 20% on average on Wednesday in 2007.Some holdovers may see increases on July 4th, but TASM will definitely drop to 20-25M depending on frontloading.

Thank you, TA's Nostradamus. ;):P;)

TASM succeeding is more than a cool trend or an Hollywood usual thing.I see it as a Pandora'sBox.Reboot was, for years, a synonym of "last hope in a dead franchise with no sign of any vitality of any kind".Sorry but, despite SM3 weaknesses, that wasn't the case with the last franchise.Now, any studio caprice could be enlightned/okayed by this present situation.Creative differences?Ego tensions?Budgets problems?Losing rights fears?Quick/easy screeplays demand?Let's R E B O O T the thing.

I agree. This and TF4.

:) Rallx, you can just leave ijack alone.

What? The dude has been gloating that he was going to be right about everything forever. He was really, really wrong. I just want him to man up an admit it instead of bragging about how well it is doing.
  • Like 2

What? The dude has been gloating that he was going to be right about everything forever. He was really, really wrong. I just want him to man up an admit it instead of bragging about how well it is doing.

Yeah, he was. He knows few things about box office, you are wasting your time. Edited by Olive

Awesome number, I was right with my 35M OD prediction. 300M is on the cards. Like I've always maintained, Spiderman's too popular for TASM to flop. This absolutely proved it. :shades: :shades: :shades:

• Like 2

TASM didn't invent the reboot or the remake (didn't say it did),

TASM won't change anything, even a TASM failure wouldn't fear Hollywood for a reboot of Batman or Superman, only the marketing strategy would change. (of course, they would be back. But that close in time? Hollywood doesn't know how to catch its own breath.)

TASM is a good movie (i'm waiting to see it),

I'm happy of its success, SM3 was bad (I loved Raimi's Spidey movies), a bad SM4 was likely too given the trends. (Are you sure? Raimi knew atfer SM3 release that it got weaknesses. SM4 could have acted like a personal challenge to him before really quiting. Its not like the first 4 Batman where the second director destroyed the thing his predecessor has built. Raimi could have been his own savior).

Awesome number, I was right with my 35M OD prediction. 300M is on the cards. Like I've always maintained, Spiderman's too popular for TASM to flop. This absolutely proved it. :shades: :shades: :shades:

The Marvel fan in me didn't want particularly a "flop".

Just low enough to KILL any studio-suits new "bright" idea to reboot any piece of their catalogue.

TASM success says a lot about the audiences...maybe as much as the character popularity.

I said it so many times, Spiderman is a box office giant, a success was an obligation.

Pirates used to be a giant franchise too, but the 4th movie declined...I guess Jack Sparrow isn't incorporated into American popular culture to the extent that Spiderman is.

Yeah, it's Spiderman and in 3D, we repeated it so many times, the character can't be underestimated.I expect good numbers here in France, let's see this...

Pirates used to be a giant franchise too, but the 4th movie declined...I guess Jack Sparrow isn't incorporated into American popular culture to the extent that Spiderman is.

Pirates 4 passed the billion WW, so we'll have Pirates 5 & 6, such a failure indeed....
  • Like 1

You'll see the movie, it's a good thing already ;)

I understand your worries, but I don't think they will happen.

The day i will pass on a big Marvel movie in theatre will be the Day something so terrible happened in my life that it sucked out all my will to see a big Marvel movie in theatre.

And i'm curious to see if there's a post-credit scene or something like that.

• Like 1