Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

That makes no sense. Why would any theater sell a ticket for 5$ unless they are a discount theater already? Who posted it? And what theater was it at? I'm going to call them and ask them what their normal prices are.

According to notfabio, they're already in trouble and Sony will probably make 'em cover the difference.

I'm not sure how the rest of the people will feel. Probably not as hateful as I felt, but I can't imagine it being that well received. From a 7.5 midnight, I could see it having a 22-25 mill OD, not great but not bad. So my under 200 mill club is in danger if it opens to about 25 mill OD, but not impossible.

In a few hours we will have more info in witch direction its heading

You can track down my posts, I've been saying that $325m is the floor for ages. But I don't believe that's how it will go down, I'm going for the high end. ;)

I have read most of your walls of text. I am probably the only person who actually has. And I don't ever remember reading any $325M prediction. And I am not searching through all those posts, since I don't believe there is a $325M prediction to be found. You're welcome to link me to it though.

• Founder / Operator

So...........how many people are on here waiting in the hopes that Nikki's first numbers are awful, and lead to a fanboy meltdown of epic proportions?

I hope they're huge, so as to increase the expectations for TDKR to be even bigger.:P

iJack, you're wrong on this. These numbers are from Sony. They were reported -- by them -- five years ago. They stayed that way until today.... when suddenly they decided that SM3 had only made $7.5m all along.

It's complete and total bullshit. It doesn't even really have much to do with TASM. It could gross $800m and it would still be bullshit. It's even more ridiculous than Paramount and Puerto Rico.

Yep.

I think it's a solid opening and I feel the movie will perform well, but I definitely think Sony's spin deserves to be called out. Many of us here have been tracking this stuff for a long time, so lying about the performance of one of your previous films isn't going to work with this audience. Then again, they're counting on casual observers to take their word for it instead of doing the research to find the facts.

What if it isn't a spin? Doesn't Sony deserves the benefit of doubt, since what we have reporting this supposed $10m from SM3 is a Deadline report saying that Fridays did $49m? Seriously, I think some people just WANT to twist this as a bad thing, and it's showing. The numbers will keep showing up, though. :lol:

So the Puerto Rico fiasco has finally been topped. Congrats Sony

Yeah, this is the big story of the day. Paramount's cheating was topped. Now SM3 did 7.5M at midnights.