Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Wait a fucking minute, morons!

Did Sony ever say that SM3 made 7.5m midnights? It was Nikki who said that the result was same as SM3, DMC etc.

The Sony exec said : “We’re right up there with big boys", which means they are in the same ballpark, not exactly precise, but not that far off, either.

I don't know why Sony is so desparate to spin this to being comparable to films we all know that TASM won't be able to match in its opening. I actually think the midnight number is pretty good, an OD in the 25-30m range seems reasonable.

What am I missing? Is TASM spun? Or SM3??

SM3 number was changed to make TASM midnights look better than they are.They are saying SM3 opened to 7.5M when it really opened to 10M.

Did Sony ever say that SM3 made 7.5m midnights? It was Nikki who said that the result was same as SM3, DMC etc.

The Sony exec said : “We’re right up there with big boys", which means they are in the same ballpark, not exactly precise, but not that far off, either.

That what happens when people ASSUME.

This is really the ASSUMING SPIDER MAN.

Except those aren't big boys. For films with built in fanbases, they are on the very low end of midnights.

• Founder / Operator

Its spin. There's no two ways about it, even if TASM ends up fulfilling the wishes of those rooting for $300 million in the end. The midnight revision is inexcusable.

When SM3 and DMC posted their midnight numbers, they were some of the best midnight performers of all-time behind Revenge of the Sith. Those are big boys. This is not.

Edited by ShawnMR

She just babbles off whatever they tell her. It's their spin. Edited by Magic

Seriously guys just put Jack on ignore. He's going to smugly claim victory no matter what happens.

All of these threads are so much more pleasant thanks to the ignore function

So jacko is bullshit to you. uh oh.

I'm not a hater and I don't like JackO ramblings and with i-jack is the same. I think that Spider man midnights are solid but not fantastic but probably I'm a hater by your point of view ;)