A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

21 minutes ago, RedX said:

I think it might be different. We know they've been to different events showing off a variety of footage (kino expo, showeb, and odenas is coming up). Kurzel implied in that games radar interview that they've cut multiple things for possible release, "they're looking good right now" 

Yeah, they could bring out a domestic and a different intl trailer the way Sony tend to.

• Like 1

I just took a look at the Facebook page and they only have 500k followers, not really good with the movie coming out soon. Twitter account has an abysmal 31k followers too. I'm seeing a lot of complaints on each post as well lol. A $200 million film too

Edited by RedX

Dear Fox, WHAT IN THE EVER LOVING FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

The film looks gorgeous and I'm still hyped but this trailer, although well cut, is honestly horrible. Not a question of skill (although fuck these title cards), no...but the approach of just "let's re cut the first trailer with more extended footage and even worse pop/rock track" is :S. Are they just trying to do exactly the same as for the games? At least yay for not revealing anything more plot wise, although none of the traikers have touched on anything more than "Fassbender in the Spanish Inquisition" - where is the Assassins/Templar conflict at least?

I understand if they didn't want to go in deeper with stuff about Cal's father (Gleeson) and the Piece of Eden etc like the version shown at KinoExpo Russia did but I honestly would have preferred that maybe?

The E3 featurette is by far still the best marketing piece released - no Kanye/trash rock/pop, teases the story elements and the action appropriately.

• Like 7