A Marvel Fanboy

Assassin's Creed | 12/21/2016 | Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard | Final Trailer on Page 71

1 hour ago, IMojammer said:

If it can hit $30m in 5 days I don't see why it misses $100m domestic.  Still needs a lot overseas to be a success, but 100 domestic isn't anything to dismiss.

it is for a movie with an enormous budget, famous brand and built-in fandom. Those types are supposed to make much more. 100M is what some movies smash in 3 days or less. 

1 hour ago, antovolk said:

Holy shit so - some hoaxers hacked a Ubisoft employee account, offered a completely fake and absolutely dogshit final trailer to a whole bunch of sites and...people fell for it.

http://collider.com/assassins-creed-new-trailer-music-video/

Yikes, Collider? They really got duped. I don't know how you could believe that's a genuinely new trailer if you had proper coverage of the movie, which they've come across extremely disenchanted on it in their articles. 

That was bad...absolutely horrible. How credulous can you be??

Edited by RedX

2 hours ago, elcaballero said:

You could describe Warcraft in the same words.

Yes. 100M is not impressive anymore for movies with every advantage in the book - budget, marketing, built-in-fandom, brand power. if they can't do better than 100M, that's down to the product itself looking so bad or uninteresting that decent part of fanbase won't support it while crossover with mainstream audience is negligible. 

Edited by Valonqar

3 hours ago, antovolk said:

Someone elsewhere reminded me of this, it doesn't seem like the pressure will be as much on the box office to make the sequel/s happen, but more on the game sales?

Yeah, since Ubisoft has a large share in covering the budget I think this could be the case