The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

If the movie didn't hold up well, chances are, you really didn't like this as much as you say you did.. I mean, what is it with some of you folks in not admitting if you didn't like Nolan's TDKR??? We're not going to think any less of you, certainly not me, if you didn't care for it.. I just think some folks are really afraid to admit the movie blew for fear of being labeled a "Troll" and not being onboard the Nolan stroking bandwagon..

My current grade for the film is a B. That's down from the A- I initially gave it when I saw it in July. The film dissapointed slightly initially, and my love for the film got slightly weaker over time, but I still liked it. That's all.

OMG, the blu ray transfer is beautiful. :worthy: Wally!!

I agree and given Pfister has been nominated for an Oscar (and won for Inception) when working with Nolan (outside of Memento and Insomnia, though with the latter, he deserved a nomination), no doubt he'll get a nomination for TDKR as well. Edited by The Movieman

Batman Begins: ****3/4The Dark Knight: *****The Dark Knight Rises: **** - ****1/4 depending on my mood.So, yeah, the worst of the trilogy.Still, better than the weakest installments of many other highly regarded trilogies such as Jedi, Temple of Doom, GF3, Bourne Identity, Back to the future 2 (&3), and is it just me or does Fellowship just have some odd scenes that become distracting.

Dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

So the article posted by Azazel must be the dumbest article you've ever read in a while.And that must be the dumbest vid you've ever seen in a while:http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704Your reply is the dumbest I've encoutered in a while trying to deny the obvious. Edited by dashrendar44

When seeing the film on opening day i remember leaving the theatre feeling a bit disappointed, i had liked the film but it had failed to live up to the vast expectations I'd had over the previous four years since TDK became one of my favourite films. After watching it again for a second time, this time on blu-ray (Which looks fantastic, the IMAX scenes in particular are breathtaking), i felt a lot more satisfied with the way the film turned out, sure it's not perfect but it is still a good finale to one of the great cinema trilogies.The main differences upon a second viewing were that the film didn't seem to drag as much this time around. I didn't feel myself longing for more action during the opening and prison scenes as i had in the cinema. Knowing what was going to happen allowed me to sit back and enjoy the film more instead of waiting for a big 'spectacle' like i did in the cinema. Another great benefit was that i was able to understand Bane's voice a lot easier at home than i did in the cinema, which was obviously beneficial as he does have several great lines. Some problems i had first time round persisted though. The revelation of Talia and Bane's sudden turn into a weeping mess still irked me as he could have gone out in a much more epic and grand battle rather than being shot by Catwoman and treated somewhat as an afterthought. I also noticed a pretty glaring editing era as when Batman returns to Gotham he asks Gordon on the Ice where Bane is hiding Talia even though in the previous scene he is with her and Lucious.There is also a lot of cool looking scenes that are logistically quite stupid. Like the sweeping shot of Batman looking over Gotham on top of a spire and why when Gotham had hours to spare he thought it was necessary to create a giant Bat symbol made out of fire on top of the bridge.Overall though, the film is big bold and still very entertaining. It's just a double edged sword for Nolan that after TDK and Inception his films are expected to be of such a high standard now that if they fall even a little bit short then people are going to be left disappointed.8/10

• Like 2