The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

If TDKR is one of Nolan's lesser films, then he easily qualifies as the best director out there right now.

Yes, but it isn't exactly comforting that his "least" is also his most recent. Oh well, most of TDKR blame could be put on shitty Goyer story. Now Nolan is free from Goyer and can go back to making masterpieces. Bring on Interstellar!

Since this thread kept showing up in recent updates, I decided to read through it. What the hell is going on in this thread???

IMO, The Dark Knight trilogy is probably one of the best collection of movies ever made. Each one is brilliant in their own way. Batman Begins was an amazing origin story, The Dark Knight is one of the best movies ever, and The Dark Knight Rises is a brilliant capper to the trilogy. 

• Like 4

how is TDKR better then TDK?

Apart from have a grander scope ? 

I can't see anything else?

Better characters? 

Talia was a Waste.

Better Villian?

Apart from sounding like a character from Downton Abbey at times Bane was a great villian but he is no Joker?

Better Story?

I dont even have to explain this one?

Better Action?

I think the action scenes in TDK were far more memorable then any in TDKR.

Better Messages and Quotes? 

TDK is insanely quoteable film.... Watching it a 4th time its like I know what they will say next and many quotes have become massively popular

WIth quotes like? 

|Becasue I'm the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

TDKR to me is ultimately the superior film for me (and why I feel BB is better than TDK too) because it focusses more on Bruce Wayne/Batman then it does on the villains. I find Nolan's take on Batman to be a really interesting character study and while TDK certainly attempts and indeed succeeds in examining Batman/Bruce Wayne, because of the focus on the Joker it would never be as good as TDKR is in that regard.

Thats it in a nutshell, I might write an essay if I get the time soon but something tells me that this topic will be quite a bit quieter for a bit after a couple of recent bannings ;)

• Like 4