The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I agree, the only character i really cared for in this was Alfred. I think Nolan hasn't quite mastered the ability to make us feel much emotion for his characters. I never understood the attraction between Bruce and Catwoman, it made no sense to me and it seemed too rushed.

I was far more invested in Bruce, Rachel, Gordon and Harvey that I was for any supporting character in other CBM's, particularly Iron Man, where RDJ played the only character worth watching, and that's only because he played the same sarcastic douchebag he always employs in his films.

• Like 2

I was far more invested in Bruce, Rachel, Gordon and Harvey that I was for any supporting character in other CBM's, particularly Iron Man, where RDJ played the only character worth watching, and that's only because he played the same sarcastic douchebag he always employs in his films.

Why must it always come back to a Marvel comparison?  

Why must it always come back to any kind of comparison? WHY DOES THIS THREAD ALWAYS HAVE TO COME BACK.

WHY IS EARTH ROUND!?

It's the same old same old. It's going to be like this forever.

• Like 1

It's pretty odd. Lots of Marvel fans are gloating over the success of their movies and lots of DC fans are terribly insecure and somewhat envious of Marvels success (which is bizarre as none of us has any personal stakes in these movies). There are a few people who are generally neutral and much prefer the tone of Nolan's movies to other superhero movies. That's a point of view I really respect as there is something to be said about too much humor in superhero movies...*cough*Thor:The Dark World*cough*.That being said, the Marvel vs DC flame war here is far worse and much more petty than some actual comic book sites.And that's saying something.
  • Like 1

What has Iron Man got to do with anything?Besides, I'd rather watch RDJ be himself than watch Batman limping around, recovering from a broken back (wtf), climbing walls, laying down watching TV and falling in love with 2 random women we've just met, one of which mugged him and set him up to be killed lol.I'd take Iron Man 1 over TDKR any day of the week, it's far more entertaining which is why it was better received. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

So it's been about 3 months since last discussed. 

I think it's safe to say we have one of the best 3rd part to a trilogy of all time.

:D

I'm sorry, did you miss the last 109 pages of bickering?

While I'm of the opinion that TDKR is an enjoyable film (albeit heavily flawed), it's nowhere close to being one of the best 3rd parts of a trilogy.

The best 3rd part of any trilogy? No.

The best 3rd part of a CBM trilogy?

True (to my knowledge), but it's not like it has much in the way of competition. You don't have to do much to beat Spiderman 3 or X-Men 3.

EDIT: Oops. Forgot Iron Man 3. That one was better than TDKR.

Edited by rukaio101