The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's bizarre the number of non-existent "plot-holes" people are coming up with.

It's not the plotholes people have a problem with. They're just using the plotholes as reference points to why they didn't like the movie all that much. Think of TDK. The Joker's plans in TDK didn't make a lick of sense. None. But it didn't matter. The narrative propulsion and craft swept everyone up in the story, and allowed for Nolan to say interesting things about anarchy and morality. TDKR is a lot of great things, but it doesn't tell its story nearly as tightly as TDK told its own story. So disappointed fans turn to the plotholes, some of which are explainable, some of which are not really.
  • Like 1

Absolutely thrilled with the movie! Kicked TDKs ass!JGL was my favourite actor by far - love how he became Robin!Oh, boy did Anne Hathaway look sexy as hell riding the batcycle in her catsuit!

Edited by Robertron
  • Like 1

Wished there was more BATMAN, but rather it felt like a dinner plate full of John Blake, with a Batman on the side.

Someone should get an audio clip of Batman's voice while he was being... SPOILER:

...choked by Bane! The crowd in my theater laughed when Batman (with his Batman voice) was tyring to say something...

/SPOILER

I still think Bane was a great villian. He was so unlikeable. (Well so was The Joker)

I don't think he was quite as utterly unlikable as the Joker was, especially since they tried to humanize him towards the end. But he was still a formidable presence. More a scenery-chewing comic book villain than the sociopath that was the Joker.Also, that speech he gave about Dent was simultaneously chilling and cathartic. You can't completely hate him for making it since it results in Batman getting back on Gotham's good side. Edited by tribefan695

I like the movie and look forward to seeing it again, but I had a problem with Bane reading Gordon's speech. Why was it believed so readily? Let's not forget, this is Bane. The man holding an entire city hostage with a nuclear device. And then he reads a speech he claims is Gordon's. I just don't think people would so willingly believe him. If bin Laden had released a video right after 9/11 where he was reading some wikiLeaks-like document about W., I think the people he was terrorizing would tend to think it was all propaganda.And those who love the film will automatically say I'm nit-picking and trying to find flaws. But it does have flaws. It's a good ending to the trilogy. But, in my opinion, it just wasn't at a level to match the greatness of TDK.

I like the movie and look forward to seeing it again, but I had a problem with Bane reading Gordon's speech. Why was it believed so readily? Let's not forget, this is Bane. The man holding an entire city hostage with a nuclear device. And then he reads a speech he claims is Gordon's. I just don't think people would so willingly believe him. If bin Laden had released a video right after 9/11 where he was reading some wikiLeaks-like document about W., I think the people he was terrorizing would tend to think it was all propaganda.

Well, with the ensuing chaos they don't really get into the psychology of random average people, just that of Blake. And since Gordon doesn't deny it I'm sure he then got the word out to anyone he could. If that didn't convince everyone, Batman coming back to save them probably did. Edited by tribefan695

I like the movie and look forward to seeing it again, but I had a problem with Bane reading Gordon's speech. Why was it believed so readily? Let's not forget, this is Bane. The man holding an entire city hostage with a nuclear device. And then he reads a speech he claims is Gordon's. I just don't think people would so willingly believe him. If bin Laden had released a video right after 9/11 where he was reading some wikiLeaks-like document about W., I think the people he was terrorizing would tend to think it was all propaganda.And those who love the film will automatically say I'm nit-picking and trying to find flaws. But it does have flaws. It's a good ending to the trilogy. But, in my opinion, it just wasn't at a level to match the greatness of TDK.

My guess is after the chaos, Gordon admitted his lie, but so many police were lost and the city needed someone like Gordon so they let him stay on as Commisoner.Anyway, nothing tops Batman taking the blame for Dent's fall, plus the epic montage that follows with Gordon's speech, seeing the Bat symbol destroyed, followed by the last shot of Batman on the Bat-Pod in the night=Wow!However, the shot of Batman's statue was a close second. Seeing that memorial made me feel a bit emotional.

You only see Blake's reaction to Bane reading Gordon's speech. As Blake is with Gordon at the time and admits to the truth straight away it's pretty clear that confirmation the speech was authentic would have spread quickly. Who else were the surviving cops going to turn to? The mayor was dead and Matthew Modine didn't exactly inspire much confidence.