A Marvel Fanboy

Pacific Rim OS thread

it is the lovers who are still spinning. Doing whatever they can to make this look like it is going to be a successful movie, when most people have accepted the fact that it is a flop.

BO disappointment is different from a flop.Dude you are so pessimistic about every BO.I remember how you were "disappointed" by TDKR numbers.

legendary will offset it with profit from 'godzilla' plus more, merchandise...

Well yeah, but I think it's important to always think of terms of each film. Obviously Legendary isn't gonna go bankrupt from PR or anything. But saying any PR losses will be offset with GODZILLA is like saying IM3 covers Disney's losses on TLR -- it's true, but that doesn't change anything about TLR overall.

In the short term, it certainly looks like Legendary will lose money on PR. In the long run, it may end up being OK (or better), depending on any would-be sequels/graphic novels/etc.

• Like 2

BO disappointment is different from a flop.Dude you are so pessimistic about every BO.I remember how you were "disappointed" by TDKR numbers.

Agreed. I stopped taking anything Muldoon had to say seriously a long time ago. From my observations of him he thinks 99% of films are either flops or disappointments. He stands out as one of the most pessimistic people in a forum full of pessimistic people!

The fact of the matter is I personally am somewhat disappointed with PR's box office. Especially domestically. I find it very sad when such awesome films don't go on to make a lot of money.

It's really slowing down. I thinks 250 overseas is a good target.

China + Japan could contribute more than 100 M together, 350-400 M is the target I think, considering how After Earth, Oblivion and other original properties underwhelmed this summer, it's pretty good.