A Marvel Fanboy

Pacific Rim OS thread

240 OS, battleship 237m

96 DOM

total will end up around 340mil WW.

verdict: flop!

will catch it on blu ray folks...

I think PR will make over 100M, it will be 105-110M (won't reach 110M anyway)

for a WW total around 350-360M

verdict : flop! considered with its massive budget of  200M 

Pacific Rim reached a $110.3 million overseas cume from 48 territories to propel its global total to $178.5 million. North American audiences haven't responded to Guillermo del Toro's popcorn flick in the same way that overseas viewers have embraced the film. Pacific Rim reached a $16.5 million cume in Russia after a strong $3.9 million take from its second weekend. The film opened at #1 in France with $3.8 million from 641 screens, including previews. South Korea posted another strong weekend, adding $3.5 million to take its total to $15.6 million despite falling behind the opening weekend of Mr. Goa film about a baseball-playing gorilla.

Hollywood reporter mentioned that Rise of the Guardians (100m US + 200m overseas) lost 87mln to DreamWorks Animation. And it had 145m budget, not 190m. 

Yeah.. This will loose money in theaters

A complication is that we don't know the details of how Legendary/WB are splitting the revenue. WB is on the hook for 45-50m + marketing (I assume), but I don't know how they're splitting foreign/domestic grosses. The IP properties probably have some value for Legendary as well -- even if they don't pursue another sequel, they might want to do comics or whatever.

• Like 1

Warner Bros Pictures International executives reported that Pacific Rim grossed $34.8m from close to 9,800 screens in 48 territories to stand at $110.3m.

Guillermo del Toro’s sci-fi romp opened top in France on $3.8m from 641 and arrived at number two in Hong Kong on $1.7m from 60. It added $3.9m in Russia from 1,333 for $16.5m after two weekends. Pacific Rim arrives in China on Jul 31.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/despicable-me-2-crosses-300m/5058492.article?blocktitle=Latest-News&contentID=1846

Edited by The Dark Rock
  • Like 1