CJohn

Thor 2 OS thread

So no Avengers effect for Thor?

Of course there is effect, but not so accused as for Iron Man. The problem for Thor 2 is that Thor 1 was already in 3D. Iron Man 2 did not have it. Iron Man have increased a 95% WW thanks to 3 years inflation, being first movie after Avengers and 3D. Thor will increase about 40-45% with just 2 years inflation. And RDJ has more appealing than the others.

LOL. It won't beat MoS (and it doesn't deserve to). It will be lucky to reach 650M.

Thor 2 is the 2nd best superhero film of the year, and arguably the best time I've in a theater this year. It does deserve to make more than MoS. And I can actually see it happening. Legs for this will be strong all around the World. In Latin America, we're just starting Summer. Thor 2, CW and TH can easily coexist as blockbusters. I don't think people quite understand "The Avengers Effect" just yet. I'm very confident that Thor will have very mighty legs. 

• Like 4

Thor 2 is the 2nd best superhero film of the year, and arguably the best time I've in a theater this year. It does deserve to make more than MoS. And I can actually see it happening. Legs for this will be strong all around the World. In Latin America, we're just starting Summer. Thor 2, CW and TH can easily coexist as blockbusters. I don't think people quite understand "The Avengers Effect" just yet. I'm very confident that Thor will have very mighty legs.

TA effect only affects the OW, not the legs lol.

what the hell are you talking about. IF the Avengers affect exists then it has already made its effect. 

Thor: The Dark World  only lost 25% of its box office gross this weekend in Brazil, and CW was released last Friday here, so it looks like The Avengers Effect is in full effect to me.

Let's not forget that Iron Man 3 is the single one film that made more than $400m DOM in 2013. What about The Avengers effect only affecting the opening weekends again?

enough of this nonsense. Thor 2 has opened almost  everywhere and it is going to finish with what it is currently expected to finish with. (slightly above 200m domestic and 400m overseas). It is not going to suddenly develop these amazing legs and prove immune to any of the competition that is coming out soon. 

Edited by John Marston

LOL. It won't beat MoS (and it doesn't deserve to). It will be lucky to reach 650M.

too bad theres no dislike button :D

even WWZ & Croods deserved to beat MoS

oh well at least Gravity has a chance @ that   :wub:

yeah next wkend will be interesting to see

Hopefully the drops will be OK

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 2