CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

6 hours ago, damienroc said:

I doubt there'd be an animation studio merger like that. The creative culture's too different to make it possible.

So if Universal was to buy DWA, they'd probably have to look at what sort of release slate they'd want going forward between the two studios. Kind of like how Disney right now does 2.5 films a year between WDAS and Pixar. Alternatively, they may look at it as entirely about acquiring the DWA IP, in which case they could buy it and shutter the studio, with the intention of having some films produced from Illumination in the future.

But really, all the big six have animation efforts of their own which makes a purchase of DWA somewhat unlikely. It'd make more sense for it to enter some sort of merger with a mini-major (Lionsgate, really) or possibly one of the major production houses (Legendary). Assuming such an agreement would be mutually beneficial.

Katzenberg values DWA the same as Pixar when Disney bought it and no studio will pay that. 

Having a hard time getting hyped for this. I loved KFP 1 and 2, saw them many times. But this one kinda looks unappealing this time around. The focus on more pandas, an unimaginative villain, the fat/food jokes again, the father drama again. Some of the parts look great, but overall doesn't look very interesting. I'd love to be proved wrong, because previous KFPs were great. 

2 hours ago, portgas said:

Having a hard time getting hyped for this. I loved KFP 1 and 2, saw them many times. But this one kinda looks unappealing this time around. The focus on more pandas, an unimaginative villain, the fat/food jokes again, the father drama again. Some of the parts look great, but overall doesn't look very interesting. I'd love to be proved wrong, because previous KFPs were great. 

Don't worry too much though. DW does always have their surprises here and there. This one is no exception.

However....the unappealness isn't gonna affect this movie's actual quality and it's box office. Since IMO, Dreamworks seems to add several surprises. The first KFP....wherever it was underestimated or not.....did have a pretty dumb movie title for an animated film........and yet, that film worked because it's quality was so good.

And also....it's number 3 in an animated franchise. How many animated threequels can end up surprisingly more succesful than expected at the box office. Pixar's TS3, BlueSky's IA3, DWA's Madagascar 3.

But at least this one is doing what other threequels should do....Add something interesting, new....and with heart.

You may have a point....we don't know how good it will be....but if it delivers on it's promise....people will leave the theaters with satisfying reactions.

This is probably the "MAD 3" of the KFP-franchise. Many people underestimate it before it's release....but when they get to see how good it is.....legs will build and WOM will play a factor.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

On 23/12/2015 at 3:10 AM, portgas said:

5 years later, Its difficult to mantain hype, in a big scale, around a movie that follows a sequel that underperformed box office wise. Dwa shouldve done better than this in the trailers. They just cannot learn to do better marketing. No Wonder why this looks unappealing..

On ‎2014‎-‎12‎-‎11 at 11:51 PM, Mojoguy said:

DAMN! I was looking forward to seeing KFP3 and Good Dinosaur going up against each other.

Good Dinosaur's chances of being a bigger success just went way up! :P

Don't look now....but The Good Dinosaur did not end up being a big success. :ohmygod:

That film is now at $105M DOM & $214M WW so far.....with a $200M budget. Pixar's first financial miss.

• Like 1

On ‎2015‎-‎08‎-‎12 at 8:04 PM, BK007 said:

lol you're a riot.

People who assume it will fail are now "stupid". Great job genius. 

Maybe it's not assumption but analysis, something many people on this site fail to do. They much prefer to put in zero thought and "30/95" barely a line predictions. 

That stupid picture of Po, to me, looks exactly like the ones they've used for this franchise before. Whether it is or is not, it is irrelevant, but it makes me want to see it less.

For a movie whose sequel cratered and where one of the points of discussion was "looked too similar to predecessor" I would think that people like you would rather they did something different to try and win back the audience and not repeat the same mistakes. As it stands, they will alienate more people if they repeat what their ineffective tactic. Didn't see anyone clamouring for Penguins of Madagascar and that made less than Minions opening weekend, heck KFP2 didn't exactly make a lot more than Minions OW either or do none of you know that KFP2 dropped from KFP? 

Maybe there is an argument that people don't watch epic animation, if true, it would be sad and disgusting, but if they just try and market it like how all studios seem to have to market animation to Americans these days (dumb humour) at least be more inventive than that. 

It looks like a DTV sequel. Just an all round terrible poster. From the unfunny tagline, the strikingly similar pose, the already DTV family plotline and even the way the whole thing is framed. 

Heh! Says the same idiot who made a Madagascar 3 club, 3-4 years ago, and assumed that Madagascar 3 was only gonna make $90M DOM and worse.....below that and that no one was gonna like it. Instead....that film ended up being a success with $216M DOM & $747M WW and was pretty well-liked by critics & audience alike. Your club failed. :rofl:

Looks like predicting DW sequels and being right...isn't really your strongest point at all. Try and let go of your apathy for DW movies.

You were wrong on Madagascar 3 and i think you will be proven very wrong this time too, when KFP3 hits theaters. :P Exact one more month to go.