Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Seriously, iJack panicking over not wanting to see TDKR is so beyond ridiculous. Did parents stop sending their children to school in order to home school them all across the nation after the Columbine shootings? It is no doubt a horrific tragedy, but it's not going to stop people from going to the theaters.

It's not early to say, This will have impact. When has there ever been a mass shooting in a movie theater? The news just broke over night, the storm will be all today, trust me, this is going to be major here in the U.S. People don't get shot going to movies, this isn't something that happens. I read that the guy waited 15 minutes into the movie and dropped tear gas in there and started shooting, that's just insane. I am concerned about copycats cause Columbine turned into Virginia Tech. Again this is serious news. I don't want to take away from the movie cause I did enjoy it very much but this was not something I wanted to hear about it after.

I just don't see it. This is not the same country it was during Columbine. Shootings are a painful reality in this country and we've simply grown accustomed to them. The Tucson Gabby Giffords shooting (which killed 6 people) and the Fort Hood massacre made news for a few days and were then dropped for some bullshit news about the Kardashians or whatnot. It's going to be the same here.

Seriously, iJack panicking over not wanting to see TDKR is so beyond ridiculous. Did parents stop sending their children to school in order to home school them all across the nation after the Columbine shootings?It is no doubt a horrific tragedy, but it's not going to stop people from going to the theaters.

To be fair, school is a necessity, going to the movies isn't.

Worst-case scenario is the suspect confirms a link to the movie in one way or another. There's just too many questions right now...how does this affect movie security short-term and long-term? Will TDKR get pulled this weekend and pushed back? Is this going to ruin the BO for the rest of the summer...the year?I can't even imagine how frightening this experience must have been.

The shooting is already having huge impact... at least, in Spain. The release could be delayed here. Distributors and producers are discussing this right now

Link?

True. But if Friday ends up at 80 million, I can see a 2.0 multiplier, so it could very well be under TDK...

I this opens below TDK, then 4x multiplier can well happen. People may avoid going to movies this weekend to avoid crowds, but they aren't going to skip Batman completely. That's not going to happen.

I this opens below TDK, then 4x multiplier can well happen. People may avoid going to movies this weekend to avoid crowds, but they aren't going to skip Batman completely. That's not going to happen.

This is what I think may happen. A deflated OW followed by a better than expected multiplier.

There is no question. This will without a doubt have a very negative impact on TDKR's OW.

On the other hand, haven't a shit ton of tickets already been sold for Friday? This film may be helped by it's large share of advance purchases.

How old are you? 12. What you're saying doesn't make any sense. How can you prepare for something like this? Should we start banning driving after a car accident? Two weeks ago there was a fatal stabbing in the busiest shopping mall in London. Daytime. Tell me what could a security can do? Cinemas didn't become more dangerous because of this than any public place.

This is not a random car accident. 4000 people killed in an earthquake and 4000 people killed in a terrorist attack are completely different things.

Yeah and you're right. But it doesn't feel right to me. I'm not expecting a mass drop out, but fuck everything, my life has more value than seeing these three films. I've already paid for that. I'm not going to be commenting that I'm out, but I am. And enough about this.

Again, how old are you? The value of your life is depending on this event? So are you going to stay home for 3 weeks from nowon or what? Because going to your local supermarket is as dangerous as going to the cinema.

Worst-case scenario is the suspect confirms a link to the movie in one way or another.There's just too many questions right now...how does this affect movie security short-term and long-term? Will TDKR get pulled this weekend and pushed back? Is this going to ruin the BO for the rest of the summer...the year?I can't even imagine how frightening this experience must have been.

It could've been any movie, as long as it had huge up-front business.

Seriously, iJack panicking over not wanting to see TDKR is so beyond ridiculous. Did parents stop sending their children to school in order to home school them all across the nation after the Columbine shootings?It is no doubt a horrific tragedy, but it's not going to stop people from going to the theaters.

Like I said, its not about being scared. People who may have wanted to go to the theaters later this weekend, will probably think twice about it now just because it is still fresh in their minds. This is a very depressing event, its bound to have its consequences.

The shooting is already having huge impact... at least, in Spain. The release could be delayed here. Distributors and producers are discussing this right now

Really? This is even bigger than I thought!But wouldn't the shows have started already?