Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

There was stabbing in London two weeks ago in a shopping center ten minutes after I did my daily shopping. One dead. Should I avoid the place? Should it be closed down. Come on now, some people are overreacting big time.

You need to STFU trying to downplay what happened and bringing up incidents that aren't even in the same league. I get that you're a fan of the movie and whatnot, but you end up coming off as a prick saying people are weak or immature if they let this effect them. Obviously you're not a parent, because even if something like this never happens again, the threat is now real and will be in the back of parent's minds when they send their children off to watch movies like this at the theater.

Cocho wasn't there? She was online just a few hours ago.

Cocho was online just AFTER 1am here, 12pm EST. This means that she logged online BEFORE going to the movies, since Denver is on the Mountain time. I'm praying that she wasn't there.

You have crazy Santa impersonators shooting up shopping malls every goddamn year and yet people are perfectly content finishing their Christmas shopping time and time again. Why is the result going to be any different here?

Edited by Sims

That's the one CJohn was referring to.

I know that. I replied to it because he tries to make it seem like he'll show some ounce of compassion by not putting up a "WWW thread." At a time like this, it's not only inappropriate, he managed to insult Nolan and Bat fans in a previous post. So much for showing real maturity in a time of tragedy. Like I mentioned before, those victims were Batman fans! They could have been Nolan fans! To insinuate that the killer was a Nolan or Batman loonie and that is the reason for this tragedy is disgusting.

What are the biggest midnight openings?Is $27M a record?I thought DH2 and one of the Twilight movies did more than that?

DH2: 43Eclipse and BD1 about 30NM: 26DH1: 22That's roughly the numbers. I could be off a mill on each film.

Yet another "law and order" "expert" on FoxNews is calling for more cops and security at theaters.Moron interviewers ignoring the fact that every witness noted a strong police presence at the theater (not just security, mind you, but police, too) and that the dude crashed in. People used to say, "Hard cases make for bad law." Now, people LOVE prostrating themselves as they call for more government.(BTW, if you're worried about your safety? Stop smoking, cut your carbs, and wear your seat belt. Those have about a 1,000,000x more significant effect on people's lives than these tragedies.)

• Like 1