Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Caine followed by Hathaway. Everyone else was very forgettable, imo. Even Hardy.

I kind of agree, except I would rank Hathaway over Caine. Hardy wasn't bad, aside from being hard to understand a few times, but I think he had the biggest shoes to fill being the follow up villain to Joker, and I dont think anybody wouldve been up to the task.

The number of casualties makes the incident the largest mass shooting in U.S. history.

http://gma.yahoo.com...topstories.html

Okay, that is either inaccurate or they're talking about total people injured (from shrapnel, in the trampling, etc.) rather than, well, raw death counts (not to be crude).

Also, always remember how the heroic government workers (cops) responded when they got to the theater: the stood outside theater 9 while shots could be heard on their CBs, saying they needed gas masks before they'd enter. The audio is crisp and clear and was played several times earlier, but I'm sure will now be buried forever.

"Our heroes!"

I think this theater will have a hard time getting business after this incident. I heard that it was already in a bad part of town. I'm sure for the moment they are probably closed. But, I think a lot of people will be avoiding that theater.

You have not heard ??During a midnight screen of TDKRA mad Men walked in threw in some smoke nades and killed 12 and shot 57

That's just some fucked up news right there. What kind of a moron would walk into a theater and start shooting up the place?I wonder if this will cause movie theaters to start putting metal detectors in the entrances, and maybe even have security present during all big event movies?Anyway, is there a possibility that the midnight number estimate drops? I'm really hoping that it's overestimated, and the actual number is below $30m or I AM FUCKED. :(

Thanks you guys, that's just really fucked up news. What kind of a fuckin moron will shoot up a theater?I wonder if this incident will cause theaters to start putting metal detectors in all entrances, and maybe even increase security for all large event movies?Anyway, is there a possibility that the Midnight number could be overestimated and it drops below $30m?!I really need this midnight number to drop, fuck.

No, the $30.64m midnight number is probably the last report we'll get on those shows. Originally RTH indicated that it was headed for $30m or higher. Then Nikki reported $27m. Then she bumped it to $28m. Then ERC reported $27m. Then we got the $30.64m number, which seems precise enough to be a final number.

That's just some fucked up news right there. What kind of a moron would walk into a theater and start shooting up the place?I wonder if this will cause movie theaters to start putting metal detectors in the entrances, and maybe even have security present during all big event movies?Anyway, is there a possibility that the midnight number estimate drops? I'm really hoping that it's overestimated, and the actual number is below $30m or I AM FUCKED. :(

Oh god. Can you imagine if going to the movies becomes a security nightmare like flying because of bastards like this? Ugh, I hate this world sometimes.

I haven't seen TDKR and won't be able to for some time ($$$), but I'll issue a mea culpa for my early dismissal of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman just based upon the clips and the Catwoman commercial they released. Although I still think it's preposterous to think this feathery waif of a woman has the body mass to inflict kinetic damage on opponents in hand-to-hand combat, and although I still don't think she's athletic or sultry enough, it's still clear that she works just fine. So, not a TOTAL mea culpa, but a mostly one.

• Like 1

Oh god. Can you imagine if going to the movies becomes a security nightmare like flying because of bastards like this? Ugh, I hate this world sometimes.

I think that's exactly where this is headed, unfortunately. The tragic irony here is that this guy came in through the fire exit, so he would have avoided going through the metal detectors and X-Ray machines even if the theater had those security measures in place.

I think this theater will have a hard time getting business after this incident. I heard that it was already in a bad part of town. I'm sure for the moment they are probably closed. But, I think a lot of people will be avoiding that theater.

The theater is a total dump and people only go because it has uber cheap ticket prices that are like circa 2000. Also there aren't a whole ton of theaters in that area. Anyways, I honestly don't think they'll reopen it. It would shock me if they did. We had a shooting incident in Denver at a Chuck E Cheese back in the 90's and that one closed down forever afterwards cause no one would go. I'm sure this will be the same.