Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

75M...People that say that the shooting had no effect are in denial.

and now people start trusting Variety. this is hilarious. Opportunistic trolling at its finest. Using a tragedy to bring false sense of sadness of disasterous box office numbers. Classy Edited by Hasan Ahmad

Actually, there will be 2 factors on WOM:People, who saw the film previously the events of Colorado, had a better and comfortable expirience, butPeople, who saw the film TODAY and the ones who will do it in coming days, will probably get a bad taste from it because they could associate the unfortunate events of Colorado with the movie, which consequently will bring up in a bad experience, that means bad WOM

Why was my under TDKR under THG thread closed?How is that bolder than the ASM under 200 m club?

When was yours made? I made a THG over TDKR thread way back in March that promptly got locked. I'll LMAO all the way to China if it actually ends up happening.

but the shooting happened today and is connected to the movie. So I don't see what is wrong

I didn't mean it that way. Perhaps I misinterpreted myself. Of course it is connected to the movie. But we're going to start getting comments about "well it would have done xyz if it wasn't for the shootings," and no one should feel justified saying that. Just as no one should feel justified saying "Ledger's death helped TDK xyz much," because these events were so much more than that. I don't know. Maybe I'm just babbling. But it feels wrong to talk about box office today.

So 185-190 is the ceiling for this now? Wow my prediction was way out there in looney territory. So it's looking like TDKR's entire North American OW is going to be less than Avenger's US-only OW of 191.9M.

I'm not talking about Australia, I very explicitly said I was waiting for it to happen in America.I'm not sure what exactly you've taken from my post or how, but that's not what I was saying at all. I'm not arguing for more theatre security, I'm pointing out that such a thing does not exist. And I'm sorry but you are wrong, there is one thing that can be done, and one conversation the US NEEDS to have, and that's a conversation about gun control.

I apologize for the first misunderstanding. As to the second point, I will not argue this as the discussions tend to turn nasty quickly, but please do some research. Although I do not possess a gun or have any plans to do so, stricter gun control laws have been shown, at least in the United States, to only exacerbate the issue rather than help it. There are very similar parallels to drug control.

Actually, there will be 2 factors on WOM:People, who saw the film previously the events of Colorado, had a better and comfortable expirience, butPeople, who saw the film TODAY and the ones who will do it in coming days, will probably get a bad taste from it because they could associate the unfortunate events of Colorado with the movie, which consequently will bring up in a bad experience, that means bad WOM

Eh I think that's a bit of a reach.

I didn't mean it that way. Perhaps I misinterpreted myself. Of course it is connected to the movie. But we're going to start getting comments about "well it would have done xyz if it wasn't for the shootings," and no one should feel justified saying that. Just as no one should feel justified saying "Ledger's death helped TDK xyz much," because these events were so much more than that.I don't know. Maybe I'm just babbling. But it feels wrong to talk about box office today.

Then a box office forum isn't the best place to hang out.

So 185-190 is the ceiling for this now? Wow my prediction was way out there in looney territory. So it's looking like TDKR's entire North American OW is going to be less than Avenger's US-only OW of 191.9M.

185-190 was always the ceiling IMO.
  • Like 1

I apologize for the first misunderstanding. As to the second point, I will not argue this as the discussions tend to turn nasty quickly, but please do some research. Although I do not possess a gun or have any plans to do so, stricter gun control laws have been shown, at least in the United States, to only exacerbate the issue rather than help it. There are very similar parallels to drug control.

That is simply not true, and there is a huge correllation between the amount of violent crime America experiences and its (virtually non existant) gun control laws, but I will agree to disagree with you since I do not feel this is the right forum to have this discussion, or the right time all things considered.

When was yours made? I made a THG over TDKR thread way back in March that promptly got locked. I'll LMAO all the way to China if it actually ends up happening.

I just made it a few hours ago but it was closed for basically being "too bold".But I don't see why if Baumer's under 200 m club for ASM was allowed to stay open till the brutal end.
  • Like 1

I just made it a few hours ago but it was closed for basically being "too bold".But I don't see why if Baumer's under 200 m club for ASM was allowed to stay open till the brutal end.

You are not allowed to make clubs after we get midnights numbers.And BTW there is still TDKR under DMC club I think.