Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

I already said it had some effect, just not much. I think it would have gotten 85 without this shooting. But you guys are not taking into consideration how much TDK had going for it and how much this one didnt. My prediction opening weekend was 185-190. I wasn't far off. The shooting will have some effect, no doubt, just not 30 million worth.

I predicted around the same as you. I wasn't on the it will beat TA bandwagon. It wasn't realistic. I don't know the extent of how many people were turned away from going to the movies. I just think that it was affected by the shooting a little more than you do.

Like I said, the effect of the massacre will linger on this weekend, but people will start watching the film later into its run. I'm positive it will have strong legs.

There is definitely denial coming from you. When the numbers come in for the other movies, and thete aren't significant drops, how will you spin it, then? Heath Ledgers death inflated the interest in the last movie, as did the Joker. Bkb and I tried to tell everyone. It is your own fault if you went all out looney and had no objectivity because they couldn't handle how bad Avengers destroyed the Batman franchise.

The movie is performing like it should, I would say a few millions less, that's it. TA just annihilated the OW record like no one anticipated even in the wildest, craziest fanboy box office dream, and the rest of the batman followers just decided to assume with no rational thinking, TDKR "has to break that record".That's just recipe for disappointment right there.

• Like 12

When you see an accident in front of you on the highway, do you stop driving?

It's still up to you to be in control of your car, you can trust in your own abilities.A massacre as last night in Colorado shows us how helpless we are in such a situation and that's just scary and it makes us insecure, some are affected more, some less, but it just takes time to get that feeling of insecurity out of your head again.Humans always try to ban bad memories and fears far back in their minds, on a day like yesterday those fears just get real once again.
  • Like 1

I predicted around the same as you. I wasn't on the it will beat TA bandwagon. It wasn't realistic. I don't know the extent of how many people were turned away from going to the movies. I just think that it was affected by the shooting a little more than you do.

And that's fine. I don't mind disagreements. Not everyone has to have the same opinion, but I don't like being called a liar by some or get attacked by others because I happen to think differently. I haven't said one disrespectful thing about the shooting, I'm horrified by it just like everyone else. But business and life does go on. It always has.
  • Like 1

Saturday business looks solid and it could stay flat and increase from yesterday....However I do not think its possibile for a film like TDKR to increase 10-20% from Non Friday Midnights.

I haven't been following much of Saturday's activities, but have there been updates of turnout?

If 3000 people died on 9/11, that's a little different than 12 people at a theater.

It's more about the media coverage, when all these news stations are questioning whether it's safe to go to the theaters because of potential copycats or how the movie's violent tone is to blame for the killer's actions, a lot of people will think twice about going to the theater immediately.
  • Like 1