Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

(But, yeah, anybody who predicted anything CLOSE to 200m for TA does indeed deserve props, even if that prediction was just sarcastic.)

I actually did as a joke. (I put 220M)I predicted it to break the OW record, not just by that much.

This is starting to get me depressed now thinking about it, I'm going to go to another thread.I have noticed people are probably going to see it next week. The film did have a great reaction.

I was at your 8:30 IMAX showing today, I think. ;) and the applause was very solid and folks around me were emotional during pivotal scenes as well.

Small world. How far back in the line were you? We got there at 7 and there were maybe 10-12 in front of us. Line exploded right after we got there. Our timing was perfect.

Well, TA, it looks like the crown for most impressive OW of all time is still yours. And I can't see any film taking it away, unless Catching Fire in November 2013 really increases on top of THG...

I remember saying in early May that no film will probably make 200M on its OW till Avengers 2....

One interesting demographic stat I'd really like to see:TDK vs. TDKR's female attendance. I would bet that tons of the women (both young and middle-age) who devour US and People Magazine and watch 'Access Hollywood' and TMZ who went to see TDK because of the hoopla about Heath Ledger didn't show up. So I'd predict a significant drop in female attendance from TDK to TDKR.

It's pretty remarkable how Nikki could still find space to sneak in a sentence to pad herself on the back: "yeah, I stayed up all Friday to 'report' on the shooting!" as if she was the only one doing it or she went beyond to do something she wasn't supposed to do. And her site does not track movie grosses; she gets the partial numbers from Rentrak and posts them after some deductions from her people.

• Like 3

"It stayed flat w/o midnights, though..."So did the TDK..

And it dropped 8.5% on Sunday. Plus, it actually dropped more than TDKR did (at least according to our info).I really think a +20% drop on Sunday is unlikely. I suppose 20-21% drop could happen, but even then it should beat TDK.

It's pretty remarkable how Nikki could still find space to sneak in a sentence to pad herself on the back: "yeah, I stayed up all Friday to 'report' on the shooting!" as if she was the only one doing it or she went beyond to do something she wasn't supposed to do. And her site does not track movie grosses; she gets the partial numbers from Rentrak and posts them after some deductions from her people.

Are you serious she said that?

TDKR - $163 millionIA4 - $20.6 million (-56%)TASM - $11.1 million (-68%)Ted - $10.3 million (-54%)Brave - $5.7 million (-49%)MM - $4.3 million (-53%)Savages - $3.3 million (-65%)TPM - $2.2 million (-61%)MK - $1.9 million (-49%)Mad 3 - $1.5 million (-60%)People were saying shooting had minimal to no effect, drops are absolutely atrocious across the board.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 2

Small world. How far back in the line were you? We got there at 7 and there were maybe 10-12 in front of us. Line exploded right after we got there. Our timing was perfect.

Got there at exactly 7:30. Probably number 60-70 in line. Sat in 4th or 5th row from top towards center. Last minute plans actually. Was invited by a friend last night to this.

The Dark Knight Rises - $163 millionIce Age: Continental Drift - $20.6 million (-56%)The Amazing Spider-Man - $11.1 million (-68%)Ted - $10.3 million (-54%)Brave - $5.7 million (-49%)Magic Mike - $4.3 million (-53%)Savages - $3.3 million (-65%)Madea's Witness Protection - $2.2 million (-61%)Moonrise Kingdom - $1.9 million (-49%)Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - $1.5 million (-60%)People were saying shooting had minimal to no effect, drops are absolutely atrocious across the board.

Yeah, I have to admit that's some of the worst holds overall I've ever seen on a weekend. Everything might end up dropping over 50%. Not even MK was safe.

She gets partial numbers from her studio contacts who get it from their access to Rentrak.

The Dark Knight Rises - $163 million

Ice Age: Continental Drift - $20.6 million (-56%)

The Amazing Spider-Man - $11.1 million (-68%)

Ted - $10.3 million (-54%)

Brave - $5.7 million (-49%)

Magic Mike - $4.3 million (-53%)

Savages - $3.3 million (-65%)

Madea's Witness Protection - $2.2 million (-61%)

Moonrise Kingdom - $1.9 million (-49%)

Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - $1.5 million (-60%)

People were saying shooting had minimal to no effect, drops are absolutely atrocious across the board.

I think it is apropos that Brave had the best drop this weekend.
  • Like 2