Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

On the ugly side, THG had the 3rd highest OW of all time when it opened earlier this year as well. Who woulda thunk TDKR would only be able to claim the same title? :o

BKB

BKB IS NOSTRADAMUS

He made the two craziest predictions of the year (TA 200+ and TDKR 160) and both came true. He is also a douchebag who couldn't help himself and got himself banned.

Its not spin, unless you have evidence and more credibility than notfabio and Rth which you don't.I don't have their access, nor their track record, so I defer to their information when they choose to share it. Perhaps you can share with us your credentials for your outright rejection of their comments regarding the audience and performance of TDKR this weekend.I await with baited breath your reply.

Unbate your breath. (that must have hurt)I'm going to stand by my statement that the 3rd highest opening weekend of all time could not have occurred with "absolutely no families". Anyone who makes that claim has to take a credibility hit, I'm afraid. Is it possible that claim is yours and they didn't actually say that?

So we're attempting to say that the public was in fear for their lives....but more of them showed up (with their families in many cases) because it was Batman? That doesn't make any sense.

If the public was really in fear for their lives....FEWER of them would have left their homes to go see a movie...not more. Doesn't matter what movie was playing.

Human nature works both ways. There were no doubt some people who stayed home. But there are also no doubt some people who went to see TDKR because it was being talked about so much. It's not just a one-sided thing. The effect should off-set at least. Ever see people slow down on the highway to see a wreck on the other side? They say "no such thing as bad publicity" for a reason.

There are very valid reasons for TDKR to make less than TDK and that should in fact be the "expectation" in my view. This was true before the shooting happened but was overlooked by those wishing for record-breaking performance.

Divorce yourself from "defend Batman" mode and it's pretty clear.

Two Batman movies:

Movie A:

1-Features the Joker. The most popular Batman villain by far. It's not even close. Movies featuring the Joker do better at the box office.

2-Features an amazing performance by the actor playing the Joker. Audiences and critics raved and he was magnetic onscreen. This was known about before the movie was released.

3-Said actor dies tragically before the movie opens which fuels hype, free publicity, and generates morbid curiosity. "His last performance".

4-An RT score in the 90s. Rave reviews in general.

Movie B

1-Features Bane. "Little-known" is putting it mildly. "Who?" is the typical reaction from the public. Catwoman helps...but Batman Returns also featured Catwoman and that didn't help the box office.

2-Little to no advance raves about the actor playing Bane.

3-No tragic death to fuel hype, generate free publicity or morbid curiosity.

4-An RT score in the mid-80s. Less impressive reviews.

Which one would you guess would gross more at the box office? Why would anyone think Movie B would gross more? That would be a fool's bet.

People showed up because it was Batman, but less of them showed up because of the shooting.

Your point about Heath Leger makes no sense when you look at the Australian opening.

• Like 2

Unbate your breath. (that must have hurt)

I'm going to stand by my statement that the 3rd highest opening weekend of all time could not have occurred with "absolutely no families". Anyone who makes that claim has to take a credibility hit, I'm afraid. Is it possible that claim is yours and they didn't actually say that?

Your credentials sir. I was pretty clear. Regarding families, the family crowd has stayed away. I cannot wait to hear your resume and qualifications, along with examples of your opinions being validated literally hundreds of times like these two folks. You must be pretty qualified given your bravado.

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=193352

family biz is definitely sharply impacted today crowd is mostly college age and above so yes the aurora impact on attend is real {nm}

http://www.hsx.com/forum/forum.php?id=3&pid=193353

imax is still doing more than fine but that core audience is that age and not families {nm}

• Like 1

Highest 2D OW of all time with no family audience. I can't believe that we have so many retarded posters here, who think the shooting didn't have a huge impact. Moreso it's sad that people are trying to quantify it to number. I will report everyone and make the persons life hell, who claims that it's a disappointing number. Why can't we be all human and put the normal conversations and comparisons aside after a clearly unusual weekend?

• Like 1

BKB IS NOSTRADAMUS

He made the two craziest predictions of the year (TA 200+ and TDKR 160) and both came true. He is also a douchebag who couldn't help himself and got himself banned.

Lol, that is pretty funny though. Who thought TA would smash TDKR 6 months ago.