Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

80M is horrible relative to expectations, and despite what many are trying to spin, these were NOT ludicrous expectations. 100M OD may not have happened but the OD record was not out of reach AT ALL.

It'd have to make over 60M throughout the day to do that. No 2D film has ever made 60M (even adjusted for inflation) in one day without the help of midnights. It might have done it, but it seems pretty unlikely considering its midnight gross. Edited by Mr Potter

After the deflated OW this looks to have, a 3 multiplier doesn't seem so unrealistic to me anymore.

It's not deflated at all. It'll do about 180 mill OW, second of all time. How is that deflated? And it won't hit a 3X because it's not that good.

Yes, this is flat out bad. How can anyone think differently?

Easily, because it's not. Just because many of you here thought it would do something that was pretty much impossible, doesn't mean it could.
  • Like 2

So I didn't like this at all. In fact, this is about as bad as Spiderman 3 and worse than Superman Returns. The pacing is wrong, it's flat out boring during much of it and it commits some cardinal sins that a franchise film cannot do, kind of like what Rocky V did compared to IV. I loved Hathaway, loved the end and disliked most of the rest of it. This will not get a 3 multiplier and repeat business, imo, will be weak.

Lol, on top of the lower than expected OW, I think its legs aren't gonna be anything like TDKs. Meltdowns are gonna be epic. Oh well, time for Expendables 2 and The Hobbit to kick some major ass.

It'd have to make over 60M throughout the day to do that. No 2D film has ever made 60M in one day without the help of midnights. It might have done it, but it seems pretty unlikely considering its midnight gross.

Tracking was through the roof and sellouts were exploding by the hour. 60M in day business would not have been as difficult as you think. It would not have needed to sell that many more tickets than TDK.

So I didn't like this at all. In fact, this is about as bad as Spiderman 3 and worse than Superman Returns. The pacing is wrong, it's flat out boring during much of it and it commits some cardinal sins that a franchise film cannot do, kind of like what Rocky V did compared to IV. I loved Hathaway, loved the end and disliked most of the rest of it. This will not get a 3 multiplier and repeat business, imo, will be weak.

Oh thank god B, there's someone else on the board who isn't jumping through hoops over it! I thought clearly I must be missing something judging by everyone else's reactions here. Although I certainly wouldn't go as far as to compare it to SM3 and thought it was still a solid effort, it's easily the weakest of the trilogy and also probably the worst Nolan film I've seen to date (I haven't seen Following or Insomnia though ). I agree about the multi not being particularly strong though. It just lacks everything that made TDK such a phenomenon, and even a lot of what got BB off the ground and running.

Lol, on top of the lower than expected OW, I think its legs aren't gonna be anything like TDKs. Meltdowns are gonna be epic. Oh well, time for Expendables 2 and The Hobbit to kick some major ass.

Bourne Legacy will cut his legs and Expendables 2 will finish it.

Easily, because it's not. Just because many of you here thought it would do something that was pretty much impossible, doesn't mean it could.

Maybe impossible, but I do think it could have got close to $200M, if not $200M then this would have hit $190M, but we will never know for sure now. But, the thing is the tragedy is playing a role in this films OW.

Please explain to me how the OD record was not possible, because I'm really not seeing it. I don't have the exact numbers but I would estimate it really only needed to do about 5-10% more tickets than TDK in day business.

It's not deflated at all. It'll do about 180 mill OW, second of all time. How is that deflated? And it won't hit a 3X because it's not that good.

That is opinion. I can't talk about WOM because it is too early, but both my Midnight showing, and today's showing were both buzzing afterwards, and the chatter was about how good it was.
  • Like 2

O.o

Hat guy stole the show. Seeing that scene in IMAX was epic

I almost thought about cheering when his hat got blown off but decided not to. I was with my brother. He doesn't like it when I cheer at movies. Good thing I'm seeing it again tomorrow.