Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

People raved about TDKR and TA's finales, but I'd say they were least engaging parts of the films for me. 'Big' action rarely pushes my buttons. The two brawls with Bane were brilliant though. That's what movie fights should be: unpretty.

Edited by Hatebox

WB should start a Memorial fund for the Victims or give a portion of the proceeds from the movie to the victims it will go a long way and I think that's the right thing to do.

A portion of the proceeds to the victims would really help the box office numbers, me thinks!

Oh shit! WTF is going on, is the WOM toxic or something?!

no the opening weekend is just lower than expected, However, the shooting seems to be the main culprit as day business yesterday was not that good. There is a chance the film can still recover

But the question is.....can it do even 170M?

This is what I am thinking right now.....

Fri: 77M

Sat: 45M

Sun: 39M

Weekend: 161M

Ouch. Suckage. What do you see for the final gross? Above or below 400m?

It always floors me how if a movie doesn't get at least an A for the cinemascore people don't like it.

Didn't Inception and Shutter Island received both C+? Or at least one of them? Edited by CJohn

It always floors me how if a movie doesn't get at least an A for the cinemascore people don't like it.

The thing is, they usually poll HUGE fanboys during the first day. If fanboys don't give a movie a A+ then we have a problem.

no the opening weekend is just lower than expected, However, the shooting seems to be the main culprit as day business yesterday was not that good. There is a chance the film can still recover

Yeah, the shooting might cripple TDKR's legs.

They were loonies (and there weren't actually that many of them). But beating its OW attendence was in play.

There were a lot of people in the over 200m opening weekend club. At least 40 people.

http://insidemovies....x-office-today/

In light of the tragic shootings in Aurora, Colo., Hollywood has followed Warner Brothers’ lead and will not be reporting box office numbers today. It is unclear which studios will release weekend grosses tomorrow, though EW has confirmed that at least one of the major ones has plans to do so.

Late on Friday, Warner Brothers released this statement: “Out of respect for the victims and their families, Warner Bros. Pictures will not be reporting box office numbers for The Dark Knight Rises throughout the weekend. Box office numbers will be released on Monday.”

This morning a rep for Disney said, “Disney will not be reporting box office data at this time in light of the tragedy in Colorado.” A rep for Sony had a similar message: “We’re joining our colleagues at Warner Bros. and not reporting grosses during this period of mourning.”

Going into the weekend, all eyes were on The Dark Knight Rises, which was set to challengeThe Avengers‘ box office record. Now official numbers for the film, which earned an “A” CinemaScore grade, will have to wait until Monday.

Damn.....!!