Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

If the shooting really is to blame for these numbers, then what makes people think it will recover? Its not like the media is going to stop reporting on it after this weekend. If anything the media like it always does, will milk this story for weeks and maybe even months.

And to think some on this forum were arguing early Friday morning that this story would blow over within 24 hours and wouldn't affect the weekend box office. I knew that wouldn't be the case though.

The action scenes were basically hand to hand combat where the individuals involved trade punches until one of them drops. Some might think it's unfair to compare the action to something like Avengers (I don't) but the damning thing is THE ACTION IS WORSE THAN TDK. There is no excuse for that.

As far as the two Bane fights go, I totally disagree. They absolutely lived up to my expectations when I first heard Batman would be a getting such a physical opponent. The aerial scenes involving the Batwing is another story though.
  • Like 1

My wife and I thought the movie was average at best. Most of the people we know have complained about its pacing and poor staging of action. One of the common complaints I heard from my friends was that while the scale of the action is huge, but the action itself was not very exciting.

Oh really

Posted Image

And to think some on this forum were arguing early Friday morning that this story would blow over within 24 hours and wouldn't affect the weekend box office. I knew that wouldn't be the case though.

Every news program in the US is talking about this shooting.This thinig is as bad as the Columbine High School massacre. People are still talking about that even though that was 13 years ago.

Saturday business is looking great but all the epic business is around Imax and AVX (reserved seats) showings.You know if people are going to watch this they want to see it in full glory.

Yeah.... most IMAX screens should remain sold out for the whole weekend.

As far as the two Bane fights go, I totally disagree. They absolutely lived up to my expectations when I first heard Batman would be a getting such a physical opponent. The aerial scenes involving the Batwing is another story though.

I may not remember all the details, but my general lingering impression of those fights involves static shots that resulted in very little excitement. I'm not saying edit them like Gladiator, but do something to punch them up a bit.
  • Like 1

And you know what, I was slightly disappointed by the movie but everyone else seems to love it. All my friends that have seen it on twitter have said that they wanted to name their kids Bruce and that it's the best movie ever. It is going to have really good WOM. I just think we all had high expectations coming from guys that follow box office. And honestly it's dumb to think that tr shooting had no affect on the movie, it did.

Every news program in the US is talking about this shooting.

This thinig is as bad as the Columbine High School massacre. People are still talking about that even though that was 13 years ago.

After that massacre, some people were trying to unfairly blame The Matrix that had been released almost 3 weeks prior to that.

This weekend sucks all kinds of ass.

What's crazy is I left the theater with a huge high and euporhia and then I got got home about 4am and the new broke and I've been pretty depressed all yesterday and today. Any movie fan would be hit hard by this cause all us go to Midnight shows. It may have happen in Colorado but it could of happen here in NYC or in Northern Va or Philly, L.A., anywhere. So it kinda just messes up the whole mood. It's sad that TDKR will be blamed cause Nolan and comp was just trying to entertain us but now Media and Politicans will use the movie as "Promoting Violence" or whatever. They did the same shit with "The Matrix" in 99 and said the Columbine shooters were wearing Trench Coats like Neo. Art is a reflection, we are a country at War right now. The news is more violent than most movies. The terrible part is the guy supposedly called himself "The Joker" and the media has latched on to "The Dark Knight" or "Batman" killings headline. The whole thing is a disaster, no blockbuster in history has had something this tragic happen.
  • Like 2

looking at the numbers i have to admit most likely the incident had a 10-15% affect on BO. Most likely to make up for it later in the long run. 2nd week will determine everything, if it falls more than 65% then it will affect BO in the long run

• Like 2