Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Any effect the shooting will have on the box office will probably come out to a wash or a near wash.As someone who works at a theater though, it's certainly not news I'm enjoying hearing about... very sad and scary indeed.

Who the fuck as a 3mo old at a midnight showing anyway? Are you intentionally trying to piss people off? I also heard a 6yr old was killed. SHIT people it's midnight....for a 3hr show, after previews. Parenting...a lost art it seems.This news was the first thing I heard as I woke up this morning after they covered the severe thunderstorms that passed through.Tragic, very tragic.Pretty good midnight number all things being equal.

Well, leave it to the Nolan batfan obsession for this sort of thing to happen and really, it makes the fans look both stupid and bad for blowing this movie out of proportions.. Let me guess: This guy went on a shooting rampage cause the movie either sucked or a critic gave it a bad review, right??? :ph34r:

14 lives gone by a crazy person and this is your reaction? Get help, serious mental help and please lord banhammer.
  • Like 3

A massacre like that never happened at a movie threatre, but there other examples like tourism and so on. Lots of people are killed, the destination is toast for a year or two and then people come back. And so on.Media will milk this story at least during the next week and explore everything. People will just not feel good or save to watch the movie. That's not rational, of course.

Yes. This may not have a big 'long term' effect, but it will have a significant 'short term' effect for sure.

I see on Twitter people saying cinemas are cancelling showings? Don't know if there's truth in this.

I think this is what I mean.Rumours will spread that the film has been cancelled and all kinds of things...

I wonder what the shooter's motive was? All I can think of is that he wanted to introduce a little anarchy after watching too much Dark Knight.

I hope he does not use that line from TDK...

I know that people are going to hate me for saying this, but it must be a weak character and a very immature person, who doesn't go to the cinema, because he/she is scared. Scared of who? If this happens in a Pizza Hut, are you going avoid Pizza Hut forever? Would it make it a dangerous place? Should we have security by every table?

They are not being scared (at least most not). People just feel not right going to the movies (esp. TDKR) after a tragedy like this.

Just watched ABC News and a young woman with the last name "Seeger" was interviewed. It was the most crisp and vivid account of the scene in theater #9 yet.

Described gunman as NOT looking like people dressed in fan costumes, but instead looking like "SWAT or military guy".

Based upon Seeger's account of how this murderous animal was dressed, the only thing that can be sure is that this TDKR poster (which was probably inappropriate to begin with, since the good "cop" looks like a murderous assailant) will definitely be pulled:

http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/bane-batman-the-dark-knight-rises-wallpaper-banner-poster.jpg

What I find really fucked up is that people keep on, and on, talking about it. Fuck sake I think I wont check in these forums the until Sunday after this depressing news has died down.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 2

This is an absolute tragedy and will really strike a chord with fans in particular, of whom something like this is their worst nightmare for something that means so much to them.I think I speak for many on here when I say there's nothing more exciting than being at a first showing for a major event movie. Tonight's events are a gut-punch to millions and my heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Your words speak how I feel. This is the worst nightmare when something like this means so much with the excitement so high and everything.

As I saidI think people say people are stupid for not watching the film.I think what will or could happen is that rumours will spread about the film being cancelled and frankly I know people, some will believe such things.

Only a weak and immature person should feel nervous. It was an act of a lunatic. Now if I add together all the killing sprees that occurred then I should be nervous to go to school, to cinema, mall, park, playground, train station, etc.

Well said

What I find really fucked up is that people keep on, and on, talking about it. Fuck sake I think I wont check in these forums the until Sunday after this depressing news has died down.

Me too.

That's terrible news.

I see on Twitter people saying cinemas are cancelling showings? Don't know if there's truth in this.

I'd be surprised if they didn't cancel shows. The media is already classically conditioning this massacre with Batman. The link will be there forever whether it's real or not.

Why are so many people just assuming there's no chance of the film getting pulled? We have absolutely ZERO information about this situation. The threat of a copycat is something that the studios, theater chains, and authorities will take seriously. We are talking about public safety here....

This is not going to be "business as usual" with the exception of a few walk-ups.