CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

So if Minions hit 1 billion, then so Despicable Me 3?

I honestly believe that Minions could be the peak of this franchise WW. The minions are the stars, I don't think a whole ton of people come for Gru an the girls. Sure they are nice additions of course but it really is the Minion show.

As long as franchise fatigue doesn't set in by 2017, I don't expect DM3 to have a HUGE decrease from Minions.

• Like 1

I honestly believe that Minions could be the peak of this franchise WW. The minions are the stars, I don't think a whole ton of people come for Gru an the girls. Sure they are nice additions of course but it really is the Minion show.

As long as franchise fatigue doesn't set in by 2017, I don't expect DM3 to have a HUGE decrease from Minions.

Maybe an really unpopular opinion here, but maybe the other characters affecting the franchise more than many here think. Sure, the Minions are indeed the breakout characters and the face of the DM-franchise, but that flick is still a spin-off not an actual sequel to DM2. Also note that the audience came for the story about the supervillains transformation into a good father in the first film for the first place. I agree that the majority of the audience stayed for the Minions. I do not think The Minions-flick will do more than DM2 worldwide, but as much or a little less than DM2. I think the franchise will peak with DM3 if TS4 will not affecting it.

• Like 3

Am I the only one who didn't watch DM for the minions. I only saw the movies 4 month ago, and everyone was speaking about the minions. I watched the  movies and to be honest I didn't realy care about the minions. I like the main character a lot and overal it's not that good of an animation.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who didn't watch DM for the minions. I only saw the movies 4 month ago, and everyone was speaking about the minions. I watched the movies and to be honest I didn't realy care about the minions. I like the main character a lot and overal it's not that good of an animation.

I like both DM movies but not because of the Minions (they're fine IMO but nothing special)

• Like 2

Maybe an really unpopular opinion here, but maybe the other characters affecting the franchise more than many here think. Sure, the Minions are indeed the breakout characters and the face of the DM-franchise, but that flick is still a spin-off not an actual sequel to DM2. Also note that the audience came for the story about the supervillains transformation into a good father in the first film for the first place. I agree that the majority of the audience stayed for the Minions. I do not think The Minions-flick will do more than DM2 worldwide, but as much or a little less than DM2. I think the franchise will peak with DM3 if TS4 will not affecting it.

I can see what you're getting at, but even with the "come for Gru stay for the minions" I believe those who came for Gru will also show up for the minions. So agree to disagree? :)
  • Like 2

Minions feels like the perfect strike of comedy that's obviously appealing to mass audiences, but has just enough wit and charm to appeal to even critics and more discerning film fans. The minions offer something for everyone. People underestimate how hard that is to pull off with a comedy.

• Like 1

I can see what you're getting at, but even with the "come for Gru stay for the minions" I believe those who came for Gru will also show up for the minions. So agree to disagree? :)

Sure, the Minions did played a big role for the hype for the first film. But if the audience will come back solely for the Minions, there has to be something new and exciting about this upcoming flick instead to rehash the same formula of the two first films. Or as you said, something like ''franchise fatigue'' for the domestic market will happend (like what happend to Shrek and Ice Age). The OS-market will indeed love the Minions and the Ice Age-flicks, not becase the executives make them to adept these flicks for the executives flavor. But because the OS-market see these flicks as we see the Toy Story-flicks. They had just not experienced the influences of Disney in the same way as we had in the past decades though the mickey mouse-shorts, the golden age, the renaissance, Toy Story's release and so on until Frozen got released. Thats how the OS-market will adore the recent animated blockbusters with recordbreaking box office numbers. The audience from the whole world are more open-minded than what the executives in Hollywood are.

Edited by SwedishFailurez
  • Like 1