CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Either they don't really care at all, or they'll be saying "Let the real moviegoers decide". Especially since it's already doing gangbusters in Europe

I'm sure the bags of money they'll be getting for this will be more than enough to shrug the reviews. 

The budget for this was $74m which is impressive considering DM2 was $78m, Illumination do know how to control their costs although some of the animation in earlier films was a bit ropey. 

I'm sure the bags of money they'll be getting for this will be more than enough to shrug the reviews. 

The budget for this was $74m which is impressive considering DM2 was $78m, Illumination do know how to control their costs although some of the animation in earlier films was a bit ropey. 

That budget is impressive considering the film is going to make over $1 billion at the box office and God knows how much in merchandise.

That budget is impressive considering the film is going to make over $1 billion at the box office and God knows how much in merchandise.

There was an article in NY Times awhile back detailing how they keep expenses low. I remember coming away from it thinking Illumination must not be a very fun place to work.

• Like 1

Maybe this is one of those cases where critics are way too harsh on a movie. Minions in this case.

For example, I know Terminator Genesys is not exactly a masterpiece but it was not as bad as to warrant a freaking 26%!!!!

• Like 1

Maybe this is one of those cases where critics are way too harsh on a movie. Minions in this case.   For example, I know Terminator Genesys is not exactly a masterpiece but it was not as bad as to warrant a freaking 26%!!!!
Personally I thought they weren't harsh enough on DM2

There was an article in NY Times awhile back detailing how they keep expenses low. I remember coming away from it thinking Illumination must not be a very fun place to work.

All the animation is in done by Mac Guff in France but I do think while I think animated films are expensive especially when you see budgets for Pixar and Disney films, you can see the money on screen but I believe the desire to keep costs low has impacted storytelling but I can understand why Meledrandi does it because we've seen what happened with DreamWorks Animation. 

I do think Illumination will do more just animated films in the future, they did Hop which was a hybrid, I'd be intrigued if they can produce a live action family film that has the same appeal that DM did and can also cost under $100m.