CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

Actual 3D glasses for the movie...

74ce5869facf1d3d9602bed0afa6d469.png

IMO that's the best marketing idea for any movie so far this century. Do you people know how big Amazon is? I mean with colleges alone, Amazon is gold for us college kids. I just shipped back last semesters text books, and I have a to go back on Amazon and order another book in the next few days. So I'll probably be getting that box.

Yep. I usually get several Amazon packages a day, my mum buys so much on there - and you can go to anyone's house, anyone's flat, you'll find a recent Amazon box lying around. This is brilliant marketing.

• Like 1

I'm already seeing TONS of Minions toys being stores right now.

ZERO toys for Inside Out. Maybe stores want to see how well IO does first? It is an unproven brand and all.

Big Hero 6 also had very few toys sold even when the movie came out. Pretty much nothing now months after the release.

You can't go anywhere without seeing Minions or Frozen merchandise right now.

Edited by Mojoguy

I'm already seeing TONS of Minions toys being stores right now.

ZERO toys for Inside Out. Maybe stores want to see how well IO does first? It is an unproven brand and all.

Big Hero 6 also had very few toys sold even when the movie came out.

what do you mean, "already seeing minions toys"? Minions became a thing 5 years ago...

• Like 1

To be fair, UP did not have toys before release either and that didn`t stop it to become a blockbuster success.

It's the lack of merchandise that I find odd. Toys will probably be sold at more places as we get closer to the movie's release.

However, I do see a ton of Inside Out books being sold. So at least that's something.

Toys for the big animated movies or any typical huge blockbuster like Jurassic World usually start being sold at stores a month before the movie comes out. That builds up hype for the movie for children, and it is great marketing.

I don't get the argument anybody could even have with IO vs Minions and defending Minions. Y'know, aside from blatant trolling. Minions is literally LCD family entertainment. It's cute, nobody is disputing that, but it's just fluff. Complete fluff.

If you want that to be the sole basis of family entertainment, then wow I don't want to be friends with you.

• Like 2

I don't get the argument anybody could even have with IO vs Minions and defending Minions. Y'know, aside from blatant trolling. Minions is literally LCD family entertainment. It's cute, nobody is disputing that, but it's just fluff. Complete fluff.

If you want that to be the sole basis of family entertainment, then wow I don't want to be friends with you.

Yeal, I like fluff. They are cute and funny and I like laughing. Sue me.

• Like 1