CJohn

Minions | 7.10.2015 | Crosses 1 BILLION Worldwide. Beats Toy Story 3 on the all-time chart.

I watched this today and I'm disappointed :/

I was so excited, but almost all the jokes are in the trailer, without this, the movie is really boring, even my sister who love Minions was bored, I will be surprised if this finish fresh at RT, especially after a masterpiece like IO.

I think it'll open big but have not so good legs. To me, it proves why the Minions work well in small doses.

I watched this today and I'm disappointed :/

I was so excited, but almost all the jokes are in the trailer, without this, the movie is really boring, even my sister who love Minions was bored, I will be surprised if this finish fresh at RT, especially after a masterpiece like IO.

I don't believe you.

NQHKSVE.gif

I'm pretty sure Minions will be better liked (and much more likeable) than the morose melancholic musings of Inside Out.

Edited by Shay Impossible
  • Like 1

I think it'll open big but have not so good legs. To me, it proves why the Minions work well in small doses.

little kids don't care about your critique.

I've just spent 15 hours watching families come out of Minions and having a blast. They're all loving it. Legs will be fine.

• Like 2

This is NOT my kind of film and I don't usually watch animated films.

But my boyfriend wanted to go and see this last night. So we did.

At the new cinema in Glasgow, has the second biggest screen in the UK. Saw it in 3D.

It was standard animated stuff, obviously completely aimed at the very very young. Not many jokes aimed at adults.

Bob is so cute though. He stole the show.

Can't think of anything else to say. If I was 5 years old I would probably love it.

Reviews don't matter for families at all, but teens and older not going crazy for it may be the difference between low 300s and a gross between DM2. No movie gets that high without support from all four quadrants.

Having said that, I am still predicting $105m/$340m.

• Like 2

I know why it is. I don't hate Despicable Me/Minions as much as other people do. It's fun, silly, aimless entertainment. It does what it needs to do.

What I don't care for is the idea (and we ALL KNOW where this is heading) that the GA simply doesn't care for those snobbish, boring Pixar movies and that's why Minions will always win. I get it, people have other tastes, but the margins between Minions and IO are going to be closer than you think. IO isn't making $300 mil domestic because "Minions isn't out yet".

The GA both equally like great, touching Pixar movies along with silly Illumination movies. I know they'll make money, and they're cutesy to a point but overall can't we just quit the "this is what audiences truly want?" crap. It's clear they like both.

• Like 5

I know why it is. I don't hate Despicable Me/Minions as much as other people do. It's fun, silly, aimless entertainment. It does what it needs to do.

What I don't care for is the idea (and we ALL KNOW where this is heading) that the GA simply doesn't care for those snobbish, boring Pixar movies and that's why Minions will always win. I get it, people have other tastes, but the margins between Minions and IO are going to be closer than you think. IO isn't making $300 mil domestic because "Minions isn't out yet".

The GA both equally like great, touching Pixar movies along with silly Illumination movies. I know they'll make money, and they're cutesy to a point but overall can't we just quit the "this is what audiences truly want?" crap. It's clear they like both.

I think the Pixar brand is still trusted otherwise Inside Out wouldn't made $90m on its OW. Illumination has had incredible success but it's easy to forget that Dreamworks Animation were riding high and outgrossing Pixar and Disney then hit a speed bump when films started under performing, Illumination probably won't get into that situation but they need to not rest on their laurels.

• Like 2

I think the Pixar brand is still trusted otherwise Inside Out wouldn't made $90m on its OW. Illumination has had incredible success but it's easy to forget that Dreamworks Animation were riding high and outgrossing Pixar and Disney then hit a speed bump when films started under performing, Illumination probably won't get into that situation but they need to not rest on their laurels.

As long as Illumination keeps their budgets down and their movies infrequent (the opposite of which doomed DWA), I think they'll be fine.

• Like 2

As long as Illumination keeps their budgets down and their movies infrequent (the opposite of which doomed DWA), I think they'll be fine.

They're increasing to two films a year from 2016 which should be okay if they can keep the budgets at a decent level. I suspect the budgets will go up slightly but still under $100m. I do wonder if we'll see a fully live action film from Illumination as they've got a few in development like Lockwood and Co, a Dr Seuss Biopic amongst other things. 

• Like 2

Reviews don't matter for families at all, but teens and older not going crazy for it may be the difference between low 300s and a gross between DM2. No movie gets that high without support from all four quadrants.

Having said that, I am still predicting $105m/$340m.

That seems reasonable.

• Like 1