CJohn

Monday (7/23/12) Numbers: The Dark Knight Rises - 19.5M

I think people should start preparing themselves for the scenario where it falls short of TDK by more than 100 million unadjusted. As of right now it is behaving like a big frontloaded blockbuster and it is going to run into London Olympics next week which, when combined with the shooting, means the potential is there for a second underwhelming weekend in a row. Movies don't recover from two underwhelming weekends like this.

• Like 2

Well, we know 3 things about you:1) You don't know the difference between the words, "decent", "good" and/or "great"2) You think everyone knows as little as you do.3) You don't pay attention. No one thinks I am buddies with RTX after reading my posts.And by the way, TA will beat TDKR and TASM this year. So deal with it.

Lol, suffering from projection much. The person who knows nothing Is clearly youAvengers will indeed be the highest grossing. So what? When have I said anything against it recently?

In what universe can you compare a wide-release superhero film to a fantasy that's done 99% of its run already?

The difference is that one film has staying power and the other does not. Transformers 3 had more staying power than TASM.

Lol, suffering from projection much. The person who knows nothing Is clearly youAvengers will indeed be the highest grossing. So what? When have I said anything against it recently?

After you were proven wrong, you have been very quiet. But, I am currently reading all of your thoughts about it in another thread. I'm not looking to single you out. I just realize after reading what you wrote in that other thread that you are the same person who I am currently debating now. And, you don't know what good WOM is because you don't know what great DVD sales are. So I am not surprised that you would call lukewarm WOM "good".Also, I realize that continuing this discussion with you is pointless. It's better to just wait for you to be wrong than trying to prove you wrong now. The "good" WOM that you describe will not help TASM sell tickets, so you can start thinking of how to explain that now.Back to reading the epic thread. Edited by Walt Disney

I think people should start preparing themselves for the scenario where it falls short of TDK by more than 100 million unadjusted. As of right now it is behaving like a big frontloaded blockbuster and it is going to run into London Olympics next week which, when combined with the shooting, means the potential is there for a second underwhelming weekend in a row. Movies don't recover from two underwhelming weekends like this.

I don't think there's any reason to believe the Olympics will have any discernible effect on the BO, and that's because of the time zone differences. Unlike in 2008, virtually all the results will be known before prime time.

That said, I thought the BO might be recovering after the Sunday drops, but that doesn't seem to be the case for at least TDKR. If it ends up ~$400m, so be it.

I don't recall Olympics having much of an impact on TDK's run in 2008. It might hurt it in Europe somewhat, but not in NA.

NBC primetime gets pretty high ratings so an effect will be there. TDK wasn't affected much because it had been in theaters for three weks and had already made most of its money. Besides, the opening ceremony is on Friday so that will have an affect on Friday numbers (NBC Primetime 730 PM - Midnight)

NBC primetime gets pretty high ratings so an effect will be there. TDK wasn't affected much because it had been in theaters for three weks and had already made most of its money. Besides, the opening ceremony is on Friday so that will have an affect on Friday numbers (NBC Primetime 730 PM - Midnight)

I have to say this, and it isn't directed at TLK. I am only replying to TLK because he's making a point about the Olympics.All of you who made TDKR predictions and talked about how this movie would beat TA, all of you knew well in advance that the Olympics was going to start this summer. We have known this information for a few years. So you can't use the Olympics as an excuse as to why TDKR failed to reach the predictions that you made. Edited by Walt Disney