mmacader

Monday (7/30/12) Numbers TDKR $8,160,046

Question for you box office geniuses. I am taking my daughters to a drive in theatre sometime in the next 10 days and for 6 bucks a person (4 bucks for children), I get a double feature of Ice Age 4 and TDKR. Just park my truck and tune in. Awesome deal, but my question is how does that money get divied up for the movies? Is it up to the theatre?Second question. I'm also taking my daugthers to Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas this weekend which is basically a huge educational playground. There's an aquarium, museum, rainforest replica, water park and apparently, the largest IMAX screen in Texas. There's a package for 50 bucks a person that allows entrance to all these attractions and more which includes an evening showing of TDKR. Again, similar question. How does the money get distributed to TDKR?Just curiousity type questions to increase my BO knowledge, I guess.

Is that movie theater a regular IMAX or is it one of those weird OmniMAX screens where the picture is curved? I didn't even realize they were showing TDKR. If it's a bigger screen than Edwards, I wish we went to Galveston instead.

35% week to week drop for Spidey. Where are the haters to say it has poor WOM?

TASM should finish around 260M, definitely not the bomb some were expecting or more like hoping and praying for. TASM should clear 700M and has a shot at 750M+ pending China. Definite success for Sony.Same applies for TDKR, no way 450M+/1.1B WW total is a disappointment. People just had incredibly high expectations that got boosted by TA including me. TDKR has dealt with a lot from OW so this total is satisfactory in my book for both fans and the WB.
  • Like 8

Is that movie theater a regular IMAX or is it one of those weird OmniMAX screens where the picture is curved? I didn't even realize they were showing TDKR. If it's a bigger screen than Edwards, I wish we went to Galveston instead.

I'm not sure to be honest. Their site doesn't have much info other than it's a 80' X 60' screen which is gargantuan. At least I think it is.

35% week to week drop for Spidey. Where are the haters to say it has poor WOM?

Comparing Monday to Monday drops is pretty silly. Let's wait till weekend. I'd expect TASM to have its first big TC drop this Friday.

I think that is similar to Edwards. They have a similar seating capacity.

Gotcha. Cool. I figure I just can't pass up the chance to watch it in IMAX. I mean, I was going to Moody Gardens anyway, so may as well catch this. The all day pass includes it, so why skip it.As for the double feature drive in, I was hoping to take my daughters to one for the first time and it just so happened that Ice Age 4 was paired with TDKR, so again, I lucked out. Once Ice Age 4 finishes, I'm sure they'll go to sleep by then and I can catch my movie................... again. The looniness is becoming a bit much, I must admit. Edited by Letsuseournoggin

So I see you've moved your Avengers denial over to Spider-Man.

What are you talking about? TASM fell 70% when it really mattered. This Monday hold merely indicates some recovery, but again it's this weekend's hold that is really important.

Okay Monday I guess.Hopefully it sticks to copying POTC: DMC as then it will end up with around $450M and make enough OS to hit $1B comfortably!AND $300M today in 12 days!

Edited by JCS

Don't see the big deal. Its still on pace for a $30M ish weekend coming up and $450M ish overall. That's...gooood.

*Shrugs*

Don't you know you're supposed to panic no matter what the TDKR number is. Clearly you have some things to learn.
  • Like 3

You're spinning faster than a spider when it makes a web. Impressive.

No spinning here. Just a bit of common sense. Friday to Friday drop for TASM will be over 40% if only due to TC loss.