mmacader

Monday (7/30/12) Numbers TDKR $8,160,046

It has a $29m lead on DMC through Monday. But yes, dailies are eerily similar between the two.

Yes, I was rounding conservatively. Also, DMC finished at 423M. So if TDKR matches DMC dollar for dollar from here on out it will finish with 452M.Really, the range is looking to be 450-460M, with a near zero chance if finishes below that, and a smallish chance it finishes above. WOM will be the determining factor.

Yes, I was rounding conservatively. Also, DMC finished at 423M. So if TDKR matches DMC dollar for dollar from here on out it will finish with 452M.Really, the range is looking to be 450-460M, with a near zero chance if finishes below that, and a smallish chance it finishes above. WOM will be the determining factor.

I wouldn't say there is a near zero chance of it going below 450. I would say 435-460 is the range. Big range I know, but it's just so hard to tell what's going on with the film right now. How much is the shooting affecting it, how much are the Olympics affecting it, are the weekdays depressed because of the runtime, does the WOM suck, etc. It's very hard to tell right now.And before anyone says anything about the shooting not affecting it, the fact that I heard a radio report this morning that said "The Dark Knight Rises shooter made his second appearance in court yesterday" says it all. The media is piggy backing on the film's popularity in the culture to drive attention for their stories. In the meantime, they are creating a ton of negative publicity for the film. The man shot people in a movie theater. He should be referred to as the "movie theater shooter." Calling him "The Dark Knight Rises shooter" in your report is sensationalist bullcrap. Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

So.... WORST CASE SCENARIO for this week is.....Monday: 8.2MTuesday: 9MWednesday: 6MThursday: 5.5MFriday: 8.5MSaturday: 12MSunday: 8M(28M Weekend)(57.2M Week Total)Total Gross: 344.2M

Edited by EaZze

I wouldn't say there is a near zero chance of it going below 450. I would say 435-460 is the range. Big range I know, but it's just so hard to tell what's going on with the film right now. How much is the shooting affecting it, how much are the Olympics affecting it, are the weekdays depressed because of the runtime, does the WOM suck, etc. It's very hard to tell right now. And before anyone says anything about the shooting not affecting it, the fact that I heard a radio report this morning that said "The Dark Knight Rises shooter made his second appearance in court yesterday" says it all. The media is piggy backing on the film's popularity in the culture to drive attention for their stories. In the meantime, they are creating a ton of negative publicity for the film. The man shot people in a movie theater. He should be referred to as the "Movie Theater shooter." Calling him "The Dark Knight Rises shooter" in your report is sensationalist bullcrap.

The way I see it, TDKR is acting normally. I am basing this on the actual numbers and comparisons to other films. So with that, I will stick with my range. I wouldn't call 450M locked but it is very, very close to being locked. If TDKR manages $35M this weekend then that goes to full-on locked. We're only talking a 2.8 multi to reach 450, which is very reasonable for a SH flick with the reviews TDKR has.The Olympics are not shaping up to be a large factor either. This is backed up by the fact that nbcfail has been trending on twitter constantly since Friday. People are very unhappy with the coverage, and the drop TDKR saw yesterday was not out of the ordinary. DMC had the same drop, in a non Olympic year.

as usual TDKR simply can't catch a break

Posted Image

I'm not sure why you said that? The number's in line with DMC, which it's following very very closely. This shows, TDKR will have big Monday drops for summer but Friday/Saturday jumps will be big as well. TDKR should finish around 450M domestically, nothing is wrong with that number. None whatsoever.
  • Like 2

We are getting spoiled of ourselves if some of us think anything near 450 is a disappointment after what has happened (even without the incident, though in hindsight, I cannot believe it would've made over 500).I'd be excited for a number like this any day of the year to be honest even if it was the conclusion of my favorite superhero trilogy and one of my favorite trilogies of all time.

Question for you box office geniuses. I am taking my daughters to a drive in theatre sometime in the next 10 days and for 6 bucks a person (4 bucks for children), I get a double feature of Ice Age 4 and TDKR. Just park my truck and tune in. Awesome deal, but my question is how does that money get divied up for the movies? Is it up to the theatre?Second question. I'm also taking my daugthers to Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas this weekend which is basically a huge educational playground. There's an aquarium, museum, rainforest replica, water park and apparently, the largest IMAX screen in Texas. There's a package for 50 bucks a person that allows entrance to all these attractions and more which includes an evening showing of TDKR. Again, similar question. How does the money get distributed to TDKR?Just curiousity type questions to increase my BO knowledge, I guess.