mmacader

Monday (7/30/12) Numbers TDKR $8,160,046

I tend to back up my arguments with logic and data. All you can do is throw insults at me. That's the difference between me and fanboys here.

Like when you were wrong regarding Avengers about 30 times..Or should i say once a day in intire May

lol, logic? You were dead wrong with TA on every turn and I mean literally every turn. You have no logic, just a biased opinion that you portray as fact.

I will admit, he is pretty good at sounding very objective. His writing style comes across as very fact based. If you didn't know anything about this BO stuff, he'd fool you rather easily. I remember the first time I read his stuff on TA, I squinted my eyebrows and had to re-read it before finally disagreeing. Now, it's pretty easy to spot.
  • Like 1

But I'm smarter than most of the media when it comes to box office stuff. I, like much of you, spend waaaaay too much time on this stuff every day. So I believe I'm correct and 95% of the media is incorrect.

There's that, and the fact that the media thinks with one mind. One outlet picks up a story, cooks up a headline and runs with it. It then becomes an echo chamber, where every single media outlet repeats the same canned lines. So of course 95% of the media are saying the same thing... they all share the same "source".
  • Like 2

But I'm smarter than most of the media when it comes to box office stuff. I, like much of you, spend waaaaay too much time on this stuff every day. So I believe I'm correct and 95% of the media is incorrect.

I agree.. Unless were talking about Spidey..Dear Baumerman :P
  • Like 1

It easily would have, I don't know why you don't see that. Just take a $185m ow and extrapolate it using the exact same drops it's having, and that's $500m no problem.

There's no way in the world this would have hit 500, even in a perfect scenario. It's too divisive. Many love it and many don't and then you have people like me that like it but not really. For this to have hit 500 you would have needed outstanding WOM and I think it was heading for a 2.5-2.6 multiplier. 480 tops.
  • Like 1

There's no way in the world this would have hit 500, even in a perfect scenario. It's too divisive. Many love it and many don't and then you have people like me that like it but not really. For this to have hit 500 you would have needed outstanding WOM and I think it was heading for a 2.5-2.6 multiplier. 480 tops.

Many don't love it?I'm pretty sure the correct word would be "Some".

What are you talking about with that first sentence? Under the worst case scenario possible for its ow, it's going to hit $450m, but under normal conditions without a massacre it wouldn't hit $500m no chance in the world??? That makes no sense...again, just take $185m ow, use the same drops it's having (which are slightly worse because of shootings or as you think, bad wom), and it's hitting $500m.

Gotta disagree with you here. I don't think 500 is absolutely impossible had the shooting not taken place. Off of a pretty realistic (IMO) 180m OW, a 2.78 mulit would not have been impossible. It's on it's way to getting a slightly better multi than that with the shooting, or very close to it, depending on how far it lands from 450m.I think it was highly unlikely, yes. Impossible, no. Edited by Letsuseournoggin

It easily would have, I don't know why you don't see that. Just take a $185m ow and extrapolate it using the exact same drops it's having, and that's $500m no problem.

My position is that without the shooting TDKR would have been more frontloaded. People held off on going IMO more so than decided to not go at all.The only way a movie gets to 533M like TDK or 600M like TA is repeat viewings... a lot of them. My assumption from before day 1 was that TDKR would not get as many repeat viewers as TDK, hence it would by nature be more frontloaded. Basically this is the theory that Nolan's trilogy shifted to more of the fanboy model, like a hybrid version of Potter mixed with standard SH films. I don't think a 3x multi was ever in the cards.If I'm right, then the first 10 or so days will have been slightly muted, but the movie's overall loss in the long haul would not have been impacted that much.

485-490 tops IMHO, but likely landing around 475-480.
  • Like 1

I will admit, he is pretty good at sounding very objective. His writing style comes across as very fact based. If you didn't know anything about this BO stuff, he'd fool you rather easily. I remember the first time I read his stuff on TA, I squinted my eyebrows and had to re-read it before finally disagreeing. Now, it's pretty easy to spot.

Yep, unlike BKB. Who can be spotted a mile away with his style. With RTX, it took time but it's straight forward now.
  • Like 1