mmacader

Monday (7/30/12) Numbers TDKR $8,160,046

Talk about a market share: TDKR's Monday gross is almost the same as the other nine movies in the top ten added together. I thought Batman would dominate, but no one is seeing anything else.

What are you talking about? TASM fell 70% when it really mattered. This Monday hold merely indicates some recovery, but again it's this weekend's hold that is really important.

Looks like your TA hate has been moved to TASM. ;) :PShawn, it's time to have a "dislike" button. :)
  • Like 4

As a mentioned this before.......... average prediction in BSG for TASM was 255M. TASM will beat that. So it did better the average expectation and in no way can be called a failure.

• Like 2

Exhibit 1,222 showing that the doctor dropped you on your head as a baby.

Look, it's not my problem that you don't have a clue about international box office. Finishing well below SM3 internationally, despite 5 years of inflation, market expansion and 3D, is not impressive at all.

Look, it's not my problem that you don't have a clue about international box office. Finishing well below SM3 internationally, despite 5 years of inflation, market expansion and 3D, is not impressive at all.

I expected it to finish well above SM3 as well, but the fact is it's still making a shitload of money. Your claim was that it's not making enough to justify a sequel. That's a crock of nonsense.

I expected it to finish well above SM3 as well, but the fact is it's still making a shitload of money. Your claim was that it's not making enough to justify a sequel. That's a crock of nonsense.

Calling it a crock is still giving it too much credit. Even if Spider-Man really hadn't made enough to justify a sequel, there would still be a sequel.

SM2 at the time was seen as the best SH film and it set up SM3 perfectly. The fact that it being a reboot while going against the shit after taste aka SM3, even with inflation and 3D, while doing enough business to warrant a sequel is not a failure IMO.