mmacader

Monday (7/30/12) Numbers TDKR $8,160,046

I've seen TDKR at a premiere and at the midnight screening here. The audience literally LAUGHED everytime Bane talked.

People have no manners nowadays. When I saw it the guy next to me was snoring loudly throughout the film. At a 4pm show!

Insulting me for reporting something that actually happened. Stay classy, FTF.

The audience at a premier laughed every time Bane spoke, every time? Yeah, I don't believe you for one second.

The audience at a premier laughed every time Bane spoke, every time? Yeah, I don't believe you for one second.

The midnight screenings in places other than NA isn't made only by fanboys. Of course there were those that kept quiet, but there were a lot of people laughing. Myself included. The premier didn't even have fanboys except for me and a bunch of people, it was a premiere screening, not a midnight. Both people laughed. Swear to me.

Neither are the midnight shows in North America. Aurora is proof of that. 5 year olds, 6 month olds, etc. were in that show.

I agree. But FTF made it sound that it was impossible for people to find Bane's voice funny at a midnight screening.

The midnight screenings in places other than NA isn't made only by fanboys. Of course there were those that kept quiet, but there were a lot of people laughing. Myself included. The premier didn't even have fanboys except for me and a bunch of people, it was a premiere screening, not a midnight. Both people laughed. Swear to me.

Ohhh, well would you look at that. It went from an entire audience laughing every time, to just you and your "friend" laughing sometimes...shocking. And you wonder why no one belives you...you're like the boy who cried wolf, or should I say the boy who cried lizard. Edited by FTF

Ohhh, well would you look at that. It went from an entire audience laughing every time, to just you and your "friend" laughing sometimes...shocking. And you wonder why no one belives you...you're like the boy who cried wolf, or should I say the boy who cried lizard.

The rest of the people were laughing on the inside.

I agree. But FTF made it sound that it was impossible for people to find Bane's voice funny at a midnight screening.

I just got out of a decidely non-fanboy Tuesday night show and people weren't laughing at Bane. There was very little laughter, even at the intentional comedic bits of the film. One line that drew quite a bit of laughter was Bruce saying "no you're not" to Selina. I thought that line was funny myself, but when I saw the film last week no one else thought it was funny. So it was strange to see a different audience react the exact opposite way to that scene.

Ohhh, well would you look at that. It went from an entire audience laughing every time, to just you and your "friend" laughing sometimes...shocking. And you wonder why no one belives you...you're like the boy who cried wolf, or should I say the boy who cried lizard.

What? A LOT of people were laughing. Read what I said.

I just got out of a decidely non-fanboy Tuesday night show and people weren't laughing at Bane. There was very little laughter, even at the intentional comedic bits of the film. One line that drew quite a bit of laughter was Bruce saying "no you're not" to Selina. I thought that line was funny myself, but when I saw the film last week no one else thought it was funny. So it was strange to see a different audience react the exact opposite way to that scene.

Well, crowds might react differently. I find Bane's voice hillarious. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. There are legitimate parts of the film that I love, all of them involve Selina somehow. I like her so much that I wish they could reboot the thing and keep her, or go back to Bale been Batman with a different tone. The chances of that happening are unfortunately slim I reckon.

I just don't understand, where is this talk of mixed to mediocre WOM for TDKR's coming from? Like I've said previously, it's not on par with TDK/TA but it should be able to hit 2.8x OW. No way a movie with mediocre WOM approach that multiplier.

I just don't understand, where is this talk of mixed to mediocre WOM for TDKR's coming from? Like I've said previously, it's not on par with TDK/TA but it should be able to hit 2.8x OW. No way a movie with mediocre WOM approach that multiplier.

It's coming from people on here who didn't like the movie and are trying to spin it that everyone they know and talked to also didn't like it. The movie will sell 50+ million tickets, but their opinion and sample size of like 10 people means bad/mediocre wom! :lol: Edited by FTF
  • Like 2

I don't think anyone is saying that the reception is mediocre. I've said mixed in the sense that it isn't a film that EVERYONE and their mother are talking in high regard, like TDK, The Avengers and dare I say it, The Hunger Games. Actually, I'd argue that THG has better WOM than any of the films released this year. I've read some negative reactions to The Avengers from fanboys, but THG? I don't know ANYONE who has seen that film and said a bad thing about it. I still have to see it though.My point: It has GREAT WOM, just not something like The Avengers was back in May. That thing was heaven sent and just INSANE. Probably the most crowd pleaser film that I've ever seen and most crowd pleaser film that I've ever tracked the reactions to. I remember the talks about TDK, but TA was truly something else. Nothing was like that that I can remember. Not even Avatar. Edited by Chris O Donnell

I've read some negative reactions to The Avengers from fanboys, but THG? I don't know ANYONE who has seen that film and said a bad thing about it. I still have to see it though.

iJack I'm not singling you out but this "it has bad WOM because all of my _____ hated it"/"it has good WOM because all of my _____ loved it" has to stop. The sample size is laughably small, especially with movies like TA/THG/TDKR.

End of Godfather II is on AMC and they're about to replay it. Now that is a great fucking movie. Movies like that are precisely why I refuse to give anything in the superhero genre above a 8.5; they simply aren't good enough to justify it.

It's not fair though. Part II is like a 12 on a normal scale.