mmacader

Monday (7/30/12) Numbers TDKR $8,160,046

Top 12 theatres engagement (gets published in Variety)wkend 27-29/7All TDKR, included TA comparisons, only 1 didn't include Imax (MM Minimax, PI Proper Imax)1-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY MM 300,653 (TA #1 332k)2-AMC Lincoln Square 13, New York City NY PI 261,878 (TA 148k)(+76 above TA)3-AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco CA PI 216,643 (TA 146k)4-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto ON PI 207,377 (TA #8 171k)5-AMC Kips Bay 15, New York City NY MM 199,570 (TA 131k)6-Regal Union Square 14, New York City NY 174,810 (TA #2 234k)7-Regal Irvine Spectrum 21, Irvine CA PI 173,855 (TA 154k)8-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ MM 172,933 (TA #5 203k)9-AMC Boston Commons 19, Boston MA MM 167,242 (TA 149k)10-AMC 34th St 14, New York City NY MM 152,035 (TA 145k)11-AMC Tysons Corner 16, Mclean VA MM 148,948 (TA #6 195k)12-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA MM 145,423 (TA #3 207k)

Its over performing in just over 20 markets, inclu NYC (slightly above TDK, way above TA),toronto,Chicago, Twin Falls :), St louisits about normal in over 100 markets , La, San Fran, Dallas, milwaulkee and its overall on par with TDK, TAIts under in over 100, like Denver, New Orleans, Salt Lake...in these markets its overall under TDK, TA

Interesting. NYC >

Everyone keeps posting that this movie has very good WOM because of internet polls and critic ratings, but I don't see the real life translation of thisI didn't like it. My good friend (a comic book artist/nerd) didn't like it. 3-4 friends from work who have seen it have said (at best) it was pretty good, or okay (everyone else hasn't seenit yet). One of them disliked it as much as I did. 2-3 other people on FB have posted things blasting it, and I haven't seen any post the oppositeI'm not seeing it.

just to add the opposite: All of my friends who've seen it accept one have said it's "badass" "amazing" "good" and 1 said he didn't like it, but he didn't like begins all that much and tdk is very linked to it (fairly known by this point so it's not a spoiler; begins is even referenced in the teaser trailer)those who said it was amazing; 3 girls (no lie)3 guys, one of which didn't want to see it cause of Anne hathawaythose who said it was badass: friend who is a dark knight bandwagoner and forgot begins even existed. A friend who loved tdk and loved this. That friends girlfriend who didn't watch batman begins.Those that liked it but felt it "missed" something: friend of mine who admitted he was too hung up on Heath ledgers joker and gave rises a 9/10 and dark knight a 9.1/10.Those that thought it was good: friend of mine who is a superman lover and HATES Batman. He called a major plot point in the movie Early on, dissed the plot holes and still thought it was good.Those who thought it was bad: my one friend, who felt it was too choppy and wants to see it again to give it a second chance and feels as though Nolan left out footage.Everyone else aka randoms: dude at a bball game the other day said it was amazing and he loved bane, random people talking about the movie saying they loved it and it was good etc.- while it's clear wom isn't on tdk's level and there is a vast amount of evidence that the film has SOLID even very good WOM. U don't make 440+ million with crappy wom. Even the phantom menace had good wom in the beginning. Although I will say it may be more "mixed" than percieved but Its not like it's a backlash or anything .

Well, tonight at the theater was pretty disheartening. Just makes me even more disillusioned with sitting in a theater with other people. First of all, a woman and her husband brought their two children (both less than 5 years old). Both of the kids were talking constantly and loudly. Finally the woman took them out of the movie after about 30 minutes. Thank goodness they didn't come back. The guy stayed and watched the rest of the movie. Meanwhile, I had about 4 teenage dudes sitting next to me and I swear each of them had the bladder of an 80 year old. Each one got up to go to the bathroom during the movie, so that was 8 times I had to get up so they could walk past my seat. Fucking ridiculous.

At my screening a lady brought a 3 year old and 5 year old kid and frankly they got bored as its a 3 hour movie so they caused a huge rackus.lol at my screening my friend and his buddy could not stop laughing at Bane's Voice (okay me too)lol I suggest not watching TDKR if you are wasted or high.I think Bane's voice will sound even more strange.

• Like 1

Can someone find me anyone here who said the shooting had no effect on it? Find one person who said that.I'm simply stating there are a plethora or other reasons why it will not and never was going to reach 500 mill. And I'm the one not being objective FTF? Take a look in the mirror friend.

We're going in circles at this point. While I agree WOM is not on par with TDK/TA, it's not mediocre either like some are saying. 500M wouldn't be locked with 180-185M OW without the shooting but it only require 2.78-2.70x multiplier. Those multipliers aren't out of this world extraordinary like TDK's 3.37 or TA's around 3. I think 500M could have happened but it will remain a big "what if". Edited by druv10

At my screening a lady brought a 3 year old and 5 year old kid and frankly they got bored as its a 3 hour movie so they caused a huge rackus.lol at my screening my friend and his buddy could not stop laughing at Bane's Voice (okay me too)lol I suggest not watching TDKR if you are wasted or high.I think Bane's voice will sound even more strange.

I've seen TDKR at a premiere and at the midnight screening here. The audience literally LAUGHED everytime Bane talked. Edited by Chris O Donnell

We're going in circles at this point. While I agree WOM is not on par with TDK/TA, it's not mediocre either like some are saying. 500M wouldn't be locked with 180-185M OW without the shooting but it only require 2.78-2.70x multiplier. Those multipliers aren't out of this world extraordinary like TDK's 3.37 or TA's around 3. I think 500M could have happened but it will remain a big "what if".

There should be no 'what if'.It opened with 160M, will finish with 450M, and that's what will be written in the record-books.