mmacader

Monday (7/30/12) Numbers TDKR $8,160,046

Wow people are really still talking about this movie? Its gonna make 400-450m, nothing special, move along.

What else is there to talk about? The Watch/Step Up? Nobody cares about their disappointing runs, unlike TDKR which is one of the most anticipated movies ever for this community.

The opening weekend of TDKR was depressed by the shootings. That's pretty much a fact.However, it's good but not great legs suggest that a good number of people that saw it in its first weekend aren't watching it over and over again. Yes, some people were scared away by the shootings but everyone I know that wanted to see it has seen it. I'm a Bat-loonie but I confess I overpredicted this.Everyone I know that watched it said the movie was very good but not great. My wife had a problem with the tone of the movie but she absolutely loved the ending.$400-$450 mil is a great number and is one of the biggest films of all time. I think the Avengers basically got us all spoiled.

Edited by Deathlife
  • Like 1

The opening weekend of TDKR was depressed by the shootings. That's pretty much a fact.However, it's good but not great legs suggest that a good number of people that saw it in its first weekend aren't watching it over and over again. Yes, some people were scared away by the shootings but everyone I know that wanted to see it has seen it. I'm a Bat-loonie but I confess I overpredicted this.Everyone I know that watched it said the movie was very good but not great. My wife had a problem with the tone of the movie but she absolutely loved the ending.$400-$450 mil is a great number and is one of the biggest films of all time. I think the Avengers basically got us all spoiled.

TDKR might do 100 million less than TDK domestically but it will do 100 million more than TDK internationally, thus compensating and still making a cool Billion

What else is there to talk about? The Watch/Step Up? Nobody cares about their disappointing runs, unlike TDKR which is one of the most anticipated movies ever for this community.

No. My point is that almost everything discussed about the film is whether or not the shooting had a big effect or not. The horse has been dead for awhile now.

I think the 18+ crowd is seeing this as much as they were for TDK and TA. The problem is that the family audience has been almost a non-factor which makes it impossible to keep up with the likes of TDK, TA, and SM1 admissions wise. I know this because I work at a theater and families are still very few in number. That is a huge blow to its BO.You can believe me or just think I'm full of crap to make up excuses for TDKR. i frankly don't care. I'm just telling you what I've seen for the past two weeks at my theater on an almost daily basis.

-58% isn't too bad of a drop. Hopefully it'll increase some today.For those tracking TDKR with DMC's drops, DMC didn't have discount tuesdays, so TDKR will probably gain more ground today.

Yes, it does make sense because it would have been even more frontloaded. If you give it a 185 opening, I have it at 480 tops.

sigh...I don't even know who I'm talking to anymore. I guess we'll have to end our discussion about this as I no longer feel you're being objective about it. Anyway, I'm curious to see how you feel the shootings are impacting movies if say EX2 "only" opens in the mid $30m range or lower ;) (hoping the movie is really good though).
  • Like 1

A movie that had a horrific attack in its name, with a killer who referred to himself as the joker, that has been labelled as the dark knight killer, and a tragedy that has been noted as the dark knight massacre... Constant messages on facebook indicating people r afraid of going to see the movie...US media going crazy linking Batman and Shootings together, news of copycats, etc... And this movie is going to finish with 430-460 million domestcally...and some.. R disappointed??... And at the same time some claim the shooting has had no affect on the film??????? SMH