Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates (8/3-5/12): TDKR @ #1 w/ $10.4m Fri/35.5 wknd, TR: $9.2m/24.5 (Boxoffice.com est.)

A friend of mine just told me that the IMAX projector at Lincoln Square broke down at his 2:15 show. That sucks. That theater is the 2nd highest grossing theater in NY. Top 5 in U.S.

A friend of mine just told me that the IMAX projector at Lincoln Square broke down at his 2:15 show. That sucks. That theater is the 2nd highest grossing theater in NY. Top 5 in U.S.

That sucks

If TDKR's drop holds, it will have dropped less than TDK did in its third weekend. I think this shows that the shooting effect is wearing off.

Or kicking in so to speak. The people that stayed away cause of that are now gradually going to see it. Like I said, people wouldn't stay away from it forever.

I think we should go talk to them

Posted Image

I loved last week the writers of Box Office Prophets were saying TDKR wasn't going to even make 400 million, this week they're like well maybe it'll make 450.

This quote makes me chuckle big time:

The Dark Knight Rises appears to have righted the ship after a disastrous second weekend, and $450 million seems like an attainable goal now.

Disastrous second weekend? I guess Hunger Games had a disastrous second weekend too. Some people really don't understand the concept of non-midnight performance. The film was and is pretty much following Pirates 2's non-midnight performance (actually ahead by $10.5m), which is pretty damn good and certainly not disastrous.

Edited by redfirebird2008