65 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Wall-E

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I don't think GA loved it that much.

Why didn't it have better legs (compared to other Pixar summer originals) ?

It's multiplier of 3.55 is the worst:

Brave is 3.58

Cars is 4.06

Up is 4.30

Ratatouille is 4.39

Nemo is 4.84

I think those multipliers align well with GA's reception. Don't they most of the times?

(except for Ratatouille, the ow of those movies are similar too)

Looking at Pixar summer sequels separately (cause they have front-loading):

Cars2 is 2.89

MU is 3.26

TS3 is 3.77

Again, multipliers align well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pixar has a great fan-base so I get that newer movies can be a bit more front-loaded. But Up, Brave, TS3 came after Wall-e, and Ratatouille was just 1 year before.

I personally didn't like it. Thought it was preach-e  :ph34r:

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

I thought this was pretty good, not Pixar's best but still quite good regardless. I then look online only to see its been considered as some sort of masterpiece and I can only sit here and laugh. People throw out the word 'masterpiece' too much these days.

The start of Pixar's downfall, though at least better than Cars 2, Brave, and MU.

IMO that would be Ratatouille.

If by "start of downfall" you mean "began to show greater maturity and depth", then I agree.Btw, Tele Jr and I are watching WALL-E right now. Wall-E's chasing Eve back to the ship.
  • Like 5

If by "start of downfall" you mean "began to show greater maturity and depth", then I agree.Btw, Tele Jr and I are watching WALL-E right now. Wall-E's chasing Eve back to the ship.

How many generations is the difference between you and Tele Jr?  :ph34r:

If by "start of downfall" you mean "began to show greater maturity and depth", then I agree.

Maturity and depth didn't get greater. It's just they were losing their sense of humor and as a result their products seemed more serious, which made it look like they went for greater maturity and depth. It's an illusion.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Maturity and depth didn't get greater. It's just they were losing their sense of humor and as a result their products seemed more serious, which made it look like they went for greater maturity and depth. It's an illusion.

People can read what they want out of their films. I wasn't a fan of Ratatouille, but I won't begrudge anyone else who feels like it spoke to them. And I can't imagine any other major animation studio having the guts to do something like Wall-E.

People can read what they want out of their films. I wasn't a fan of Ratatouille, but I won't begrudge anyone else who feels like it spoke to them. And I can't imagine any other major animation studio having the guts to do something like Wall-E.

I liked RATATOUILLE a fair bit the first time around, but it's really grown on me with repeat viewings.

Finding Nemo, Toy Story I & II are Pixar's best works, IMO.

Loved The Incredibles, TS3, A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc, Cars

Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up all pretty meh for me.

Cars II and Monsters Universtiy were huge letdowns.

Haven't seen Brave and never cared to.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1