ecstasy

Weekend Actuals-Bourne Legacy 38.1m

worst mega reboot ever :D:):D

Strictly speaking, TBL is a sequel and not a reboot. A reboot means the story is being re-told, or the canon as set by the previous films is disregarded. TBL doesn't fit either definition. The principle characters are back, save for Damon but he is mentioned throughout and even shown once, and the plot continues where the previous films left off. In that sense it isn't a spinoff, either. I have to say it is a straight sequel.

Strictly speaking, TBL is a sequel and not a reboot. A reboot means the story is being re-told, or the canon as set by the previous films is disregarded. TBL doesn't fit either definition. The principle characters are back, save for Damon but he is mentioned throughout and even shown once, and the plot continues where the previous films left off. In that sense it isn't a spinoff, either. I have to say it is a straight sequel.

you are rightI don't kow the story - but from the message there never was only one, I thought the other one had the same fate
  • Like 1

TR is now officially a bomb. Four movies are opening this weekend and I am expecting a big drop in Theater Counts. Even if it retains most of its theaters , The Expendables 2 will take away most of its audience and it won't even make $65 million.

Rth doesn't nail anything. He has the numbers right in front of him. Not that I don't appreciate him giving out the information because I really do.

He nails it for us!?

It's a decent opening, but with the mixed WOM it seems to have, it'll struggle to reach 100m. It needs a 2.6x to get there. It'll be close. Even if it does hit 100m, it will be a while before they see any kind of profit off the movie. The only way I see them continuing with this is if they can get Damon back on board to appear along side Renner. Just think, a movie with both of them in it. Now that's a Bourne movie I'd be looking forward to.

• Like 2

Well, Bourne opened higher than I thought it would, but I guess that isn't saying much.I was sure Hope Springs would break out, but it's still a solid number. Should have a nice run.Another so-so drop for TDKR. Will those late legs kick in next week?And finally...LOL @ Total Recall

I'd like to know why they thought it was OK to spend a combined $450m producing a sequel to MIB2 and a Total Recall remake.

What is the 450m? Total Recall was less than the 200m reported. Edited by ECSTASY

TR is now officially a bomb. Four movies are opening this weekend and I am expecting a big drop in Theater Counts. Even if it retains most of its theaters , The Expendables 2 will take away most of its audience and it won't even make $65 million.

I disagree. First it won't lose any screens this weekend. Second, the market can hold two action films. I think it will take a hit this weekend (55%) but it will have legs to hit 90 imo.

I disagree. First it won't lose any screens this weekend. Second, the market can hold two action films. I think it will take a hit this weekend (55%) but it will have legs to hit 90 imo.

That would be 3 Action films.

?...what movie are you talking about?

Well, Bourne opened higher than I thought it would, but I guess that isn't saying much.

I was sure Hope Springs would break out, but it's still a solid number. Should have a nice run.

Another so-so drop for TDKR. Will those late legs kick in next week?

And finally...

LOL @ Total Recall

Posted Image