Impact

How Long Have You Been Following the Box Office?

Since 2005. I got interested about the holiday battle in 2005 when HP: GOF, TCON: TLTWATW and KING KONG were released. I started posting at BOM in October 2006. Then, after a few years, without any warning it dumped all of us. Now we have our revenge. :lol:

In 2002 when Spider-Man 1 broke the 100 million OW barrier but back then I didn't know how to use the Internet (I became Internet literate in 2004 when I entered college :D) so I was just relying on newspapers and a local radio show that discusses the top 10 box office every week.Interesting though I only discovered BOM forums during its last few months of existence haha. I just check out BOM for the reports and the charts

Edited by forg

About two years myself and before that, I didn't even follow movies. Hadn't been to the movies in years and only watched a couple of dozen or so a year on DVD. Not sure exactly how my interest got rekindled but it definitely did.

Well I always would pay attention to what was number one and where films debuted so i've been generally aware for as long as I can remember. Paying closer attention to the numbers probably started in 2008. Up until then I was more into the music charts. But I wouldn't say I really, really got into it until I started playing the derby at the other place in 2010. Now I almost feel invested in results... :P

I remember the first weekend I noticed the box office. December '97. I was just about to turn 12. Titanic and Tomorrow Never Dies were going head-to-head. I remember reading the paper on Monday and being fascinated by the results. It's been a long time....

Edited by RichWS