Impact

How Long Have You Been Following the Box Office?

I always enjoy reading news about the box office of certain films (ususally my fav ones), but I started following it since TDK because at that time I read a lot of news about how it was destroying all kinds of records and things, and how it made 500m in just a few weeks, and then I thought it was going to beat Titanic for sure. It turned out that it didn't, and it got me very curious, so I tried to search websites about box office and found out why, which eventually had me following the box office insteading of just reading news about them. So I guess I'm still a rookie.

For me.. it was the end of 1997 and beginning of 1998 when Titanic came out. I know that Avatar crushed Titanic's numbers, but nothing was more interresting than tracking the Big Boat's grosses! I was so impressed by its continuous strenght, being number 1 weeks after weeks... I remember at the beginning of the summer, I was wondering "Will it reach 600 M$?!?" And yep, it did it, in August!I have discovered the web at this time and how easy getting BO numbers was with that :)By the way, Tintin will be released December 9 in Quebec, so I'll try to published the numbers here

I got interested when I heard that the Emperors New Groove was disappointing at the Box Office. I had never ever thought about that kind of thing before, but it was a natural fit for my interests of statistics and film. I remember hunting for Australian Box Office data and stumbling upon BOM first, before winding up at Movie Marshal

• Like 1

Since the summer of 2001. I joined the BoxOfficeReport.com forums, and posted there regularly for a good four or five years. I spent one summer ('07) on the Mojo forums, but by that point I had already begun to lose interest in posting. I've continued following the box office and decided the other day to come back online. I miss the predictions and thoughts of other box office fans. Happy to be here.